Prologue

Papers and books sit infront of me while my laptop and I have a staring contest. The heat and the noise made by my family outside makes it impossible for me to even start my assignments. I tried opening my book as I read the same sentence again and again, trying to retain any information I read, but nothing seems to work.

I looked out to see the blue sky from my window and the branches of the tree swing. It seems like it's cool enough outside to study. I just need to find a shady spot.

I gathered my things and walked out into the hall. The noise, once muffled by my door, now became more audible.

"Shoot!"

"Yes! For Threeeeee!"

"Rebound!"

"Steal! Steal!"

"De-fense! De-fense!"

They all enthusiastically shouted at the TV. I couldn't help but smile on how carefree they look as they watch the game intensely.

I walked by to make my way to the kitchen to get myself some snacks, I passed by my mom, who was watching the game by the kitchen counter. 

"Hey, Sunny! Are you done studying?" My cousin Luke asked me, once he noticed my appearance.

"I would be if none of you shouted so much." I sassed.

"Tita, tell Sunny to stop studying for a while."

"He's right mamita! Ang ganda ng game oh! You'll like this game!" my other cousin, Ryle, butted in.

"Anak, go bond with your cousins! It's weekend, after all."

"Araw, It's four against one. Tabi ka na sakin dito." Rhocel claimed.

I looked at my books and the TV, then to my books again, and gave in and sat besides one of my closest  cousin, Rhocel.

"This game better be good and better be worth my time." I sat down in between Rhocel and Ryle, while Luke sat at the floor besides Ryle, and Faye sat at the love chair beside Rhocel.

I enjoy a good basketball game, like any Filipino do. I watch the NBA mostly, and support Miami Heat, but ever since Lebron transferred to the Cavaliers, I started supporting Cleveland. I mean, who didn't, anyways?

I looked at the screen and saw that they were watching UAPP. Recently I started getting busier the the minute, and haven't had time to just sit and watch a game with my famly, so i'm a bit out of the loop on what's happening, and unfamiliar with the players playing the game.

"Is this ADMU versus UST?" I asked to no one in particular.

"No. It's UAPP Juniors. ASHS versus UST-SHS."  Faye spoked softly in the corner while her eyes  stayed glued to the game. I looked at her brown eyes for a while and felt the air get thick.

But I shrugged it off and looked back to the game. The juniors are good, they have potential. I never really gave them much attention, but boy, was I wrong. They could really play and they're not half bad looking too. I mean, not as good looking as the UAPP Seniors, but they're cute too.

One in particular really caught my eye. The ASHS coach called a time out and place in player number 16,  a really cute player. He looks really tall, at least 6 feet and more. He started playing and I didn't realized that I was shouting and cheering with my cousins.

My gaze was stuck on him as an opponent tried to block him, but he danced around him and shoot his shot. I was off my feet, jumping and squealing when he got the ball into the net. Hindi ko maiwasan kiligin, especially when the camera panned into his face and he smiled a little.

I was squealing like a little girl. I stopped to catch my breath and noticed everyone looking at me. "What?" I blushed.

"Ahh... So eto pala yung mag-aaral." Luke teased.

"Oh please. Kayo pumilit sakin dito." I defended.

"Mukha ngang pilit na pilit ka." My mom chuckled from behind us.

All I could do is roll my eyes as the game started again. The game was getting intense and the other team started to catch up and they are now neck to neck. Player 16, aka my future boyfriend, was cornering the other player with the ball. The player tried to go around him, but it only gave number 16 an opening to steal the ball. I was at the edge of my seat as he dribbled across the court to shoot a shot. I was off my seat until-

"What the heck!" I exclaimed and looked around to whoever changed the channel! I saw Luke grinning ear-to-ear as he casually flicks through the channels.

"Hmm. This seems like a good show to watch." he jokes.

"What are you doing?" I slowly said.

"Magandang panooring to oh." He stated so casually.

"Insan, kung ako sayo bibigay ko nalang yang remote kay Sunny." Rhocel said as she looks at me.

He just shrugged and I became really irritated with him. I lunge forward and he flinched and stood up. He rose the remote above my head. He was taller than me, but i'm smarter and stronger than him. I kicked him in the knee and punched his sides. He was back on the ground as I took his the remote from his hand.

"Tita! Si Araw!" He shouted in pain. I looked at him and sticked a tongue out, childishly.

I don't care if my mom will scold me. I turned to the TV and changed back the channel, but I was too late, the game already ended and ASHS won. I didn't even get to see how they win the game, as I assume.

My mom came with ice at hand. "Sunny, mamaya tayo mag-uusap" She looked at me dead in the eye. I knew I was in trouble, but I was just annoyed that I didn't get to finish the game.

I walked back into my room and decided to look for him on social media. The cruel process of fangirling. I easily found him in facebook and twitter, and I immediately add and followed him.

"Hmm. Wala siyang girlfriend" I said to myself as I smiled at that idea.

I decided to just study the lessons I was supposed to study earlier. After a while I relaxed as I finished all my tasks. I smiled truimphly. It was easier to do all these assignment when you have a new crush to inspire you to smile. I soon fixed my things as i'll be going back to the dormitory tomorrow.

As I was folding my shirt, my phone beeped. I grabbed it and my heart dropped once I saw the notification.

"AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!"