Chapter 37: Flight

Ooo bad Percy in last chap! If you want spoilers just message me! Btw when I post pictures it doesn't exactly relate to the character more like the circumstance like above so ya remember that!
;
Annabeth POV-

Preston Lockhart grabbed my carry on bag and walked up the plane steps. He looked particularly handsome today. His hair was parted and combed, jelled but not greasy looking. I had a desire to touch it.

I licked my lips and quickly scanned him. He had a dark green button down tucked into black slacks with sensible shoes. The sleeves were rolled up to his elbows in a cute way.

We found our seats and I immediately side stepped him to the window seat. "Ha HA. Fine, anything for the lady." He said smirking. I blushed and looked out the window.

I felt the plane lift off 5 minutes later. I sighed and looked over at Preston who was staring back at me with attentive eyes.

"Would you care for a bottle of wine?"

I looked up to see the flight attendant holing out a bottle of red wine. My favorite.

"Actually yes that would be great, thanks." Preston said with ease.

I smiled. "Anything for your Mrs?" She said looking back and forth between the two of us.

"Oh um we're not-" I started but got caught off.

"Yes my wife would love some wine. Fear of flying." He said.

I stared at the back of Preston's head while the lady poured us each a glass.

"Thank you." I said.

"How long have you been married?" The flight attendant asked.

"A day. We're off to our honeymoon." Preston lied, taking my hand.

I felt a tingle go through my hand. Oh god.

"AWW how cute!" She said. "Well have a great flight and I hope you have "fun" on your honeymoon." She raised her eyebrows at "fun" and winked.

Preston squeezed my hand. "We will thank you." He said.

I turned beet red. The lady giggled and moved up a row.

"What was that, huh!?" I hissed.

"Oh come on, a little champagne never hurt anyone." He said innocently.

"I mean-"

"Oh look those little peanut bags." He said sticking out his hand and taking one.

I looked down at our hands- still linked.

I tried to pull it away but he held on. "Preston."

He sighed and let go, putting his hands in the air.

I turned the other way.

*****

Around 11 o'clock I turned off the little tv in front of me and took off my headphones. I let down my hair, fluffing it out. I looked over at Preston. My heart skipped a beat. He was turned towards me, his head against the seat, looking at me.

I rolled my eyes and curled up in my blanket. "What?" I whispered.

"Nothing." He gave a small smile and turned away from me.

I brought my leg up on the chair and tried to doze off.

I woke up and saw it was still dark out.
I looked out the window and watched the ocean below the plane.

I turned over and looked at Preston. He was asleep, his head against my seat, his mouth parted a bit. He looked adorable.

I reached out involuntarily and ran my hand down his face. I curled my finger onto his lip and leaned in until I was inches away from his face.

He breathed heavily and I quickly turned away. I heard him swallow and tried to fall asleep, feeling his eyes against my back.

*****

I woke up and looked around. It was starting to get light outside. I slowly stood up and made my way to the bathroom. I swished some mouthwash and combed my hair feeling better already.
I made my way back to my seat.

*****
Preston and I walked out of the airport and into a limo. "Bonjour Monsier, Madame. Oú à?" The driver spoke in French. ("Good morning Mr. And Mrs. Where to?")

"Hôtel la Jardin." Preston answered as if he was speaking English. (The Garden Hotel.")

He looked over at me and smiled.

"You know French?" I asked.

He nodded.

"I'm impressed." I said laughing.

"Tu belle, Annabeth." He said looking into my eyes.

"What does that mean?"

"Uh it means, look out your window." He said looking behind me.

(By the way- he actually said "You are beautiful Annabeth." ;) wowska.)

I gave a small laugh. The limo driver parked in front of the tallest hotel I had ever seen.

"Bienvenir trop Hôtel la Jardin!" He said. (Welcome to The Garden Hotel!)

I stepped out and looked up. Wow, it was incredibly fancy and expensive looking.

"You know." Preston said slipping his hand around my waist. "If you want to do some sight seeing before dinner tonight with the contractor I wouldn't mind."

"I would love that." I said smiling.

He grinned and went to help the guy carry our luggage.

We checked in and the front desk guy gave us each a large key with a room number engraved into it.

Preston carried my bags up to my room. I unlocked the door and gasped at the beautiful room in front of me. White satin bed with many pillows, pillars touching the ceiling on each corner of the bed. A comfy couch in the corner with a huge TV. A table of snacks in what appeared to be a dining room. Even a mini fridge!

I laughed like a little girl and checked out the bathroom. Yesssss, a bathrobe as soft as chinchilla hair. (Not actually made out of chinchilla hair.)

I came our of the bathroom and saw Preston set my bags to the floor. "This is incredible!" I said.

He smiled and I followed him out the door to find his room- which was two doors down.

I decided not to say anything and just help him carry his bags.

"Pick me up at my room at 7:30 for the dinner okay?" I said.

"Sounds like a plan." He said.

I licked my lips and walked back to my room. This was going to be a great day of sightseeing!