Life is a tease

The picture is how I imagine Lyra Stark.

Lyra knew that it was too good to be true. She knew that she should have been more patient. A part reminded her that she couldn't have known that the machine would suddenly withdraw such immense power and would collapse the imaginary dimensions of time that were set up. But then again, It was her fault that She and Marion were now stuck in some other dimension with no immediate way out.

Marion, the fiery redhead beauty, insisted that they will find a way out like they always had before. Lyra had flashed a hesitant small smile at her companion's optimistic approach but that didn't stop the sinking feeling in her gut from increasing. Her thoughts drifted back to her second home, the lab where the accident had occurred. Her mind raced with possibilities and ideas trying to pinpoint where the things had gone wrong.

She slid down against the wall as she watched the redhead pace back and forth. Her mouth twisted into a bitter smile, making her look insane. Maybe it was true, Lyra thought, Maybe she had finally lost her hold on sanity. She let a low laugh, cursing at the twisted game that fate was playing with them.

Why them? Lyra and Marion were just two researchers out of the hundreds in the facility. Just two curious minds who pushed the boundaries of science a bit too far. Now they were stuck in a place where all the historic fiction Anime that Marion watched might have been filmed.

As someone who grew up avidly watching science fiction movies, she was a huge fan of the time-traveling ones where the protagonist accepts whatever happened to them pretty calmly and then also proceeds to save the day and get a rather good-looking man to fall in love with them. Yeah, Lyra had finally come to the conclusion that those movies were the most unrealistic piece of media ever made.

First of all, Lyra and Marion had been dumped straight into the main street and not some remote jungle. All the people were looking at the pair with fear but could you really blame them? If someone just popped out of nowhere, she would be wary too. Marion was completely frozen and it took her a lot of coaxing to get up from the ground. In the end, Lyra decided to just pick the petite female and rush into an alley, ignoring the shocked gasps. That's how they ended in the alley where they soon got busy losing their shit.

Lyra was the first to shove her emotions aside and focussed on surviving the day and keeping her friend safe. She repeated the points she learned from her brother who was a special forces agent.

Find a shelter before nightfall.

Right, Shelter.

"Marion," She called out from her place against the wall.

The green-eyed female continued to pace

"Marion!" Lyra called a bit louder this time which finally got the attention of the red-head.

"Stop Pacing. You are giving me a headache," She said with a playful smile.

"I am sorry," Marion mumbled.

Lyra got up and put her hands on the smaller female's cheeks, forcing her to look up. Time to turn into Gordan Ramsey.

"Listen and listen carefully! This is not the time to become an idiot sandwich. We will survive this okay?" She stated forcefully.

Marion built her resolve and gave a small nod. The fire in her eyes had returned. They will be okay.

She quickly explained the plan to her. Lyra will try to talk to people here and figure out what is going on. The chances of staying at an inn were low because they didn't have any sort of currency. When she suggested Marion to stay back, she knew that there will be opposition to the idea. But with one look, Marion accepted her defeat.