(23) Friends Forever

Chapter 23:

Unfortunately, now that we were in his hideout the guards could see us, and were now running towards us.

"Attack!" Mr Nelson orders, everyone does so.

I sneak away with Sarah to look for my mum and Lucas. I feel so bad for Sarah, she's going through all this and she's only 10.

"There's the cells!" Sarah points out.

We look through every cell, when a voice starts calling my name.

"Yes?" I say. I look back, it's my Mum. "Mum! Oh my gosh! Are you ok?"

"Yes, I'm fine!" She sounds relieved that I'm ok. I should be relieved that she's ok.

"W-where's Lucas?" I ask.

"I'm here..." He says.

"Oh my gosh! Lucas! What's with your eye?!" I say. "Don't worry, I'll get the keys... from the guards that are running towards me!" And they were.

I run from the cells. I don't know what I am doing. Luckily, only two guards were trying to kill me. As one approached I gave him a punch in the face. The other one grabbed me from the back by surprise. I've had experience from being grabbed like that in the past. So, I did what I should of done before.

Kicked him where the sun don't shine.

Once he falls down with his dignity hanging by a thread, I grab the key from his pocket and run back to the cell.

"You did it!" Sarah congratulates me.

I put the key in the lock and slowly turn the key anti-clockwise. It's open!

"Oh my god! I did it!" I say. I give Sarah the key. "Open all the other cells, we need more vampires to take the remaining guards."

"Ashley!" Lucas calls.

"Lucas!" I say. I run into his arms and give him a massive hug.

Lucas takes my hand. "When I said I loved you, I-"

"Didn't mean it?" I interfere.

"No, I meant it. With all my heart." I smile. That's really sweet.

"Oh. Lookey, lookey!" Storm says acidly. "The prince saved the princess."

"Are you referring me to a boy?" I say angrily.

"Yes. That's the joke." Storm says.

"I'm not a girl..." Lucas mutters under his breath.

"Ok. Guards, get them." Storm instructs.

"ATTACK!" Sarah shouts. As she opens the last cell, all the vampire's flee out and attack the guards.

"Come on!" Lucas says, pulling me and Sarah to safety. "You two stay here, I'll take Storm."

"NO!" Me and Sarah shout.

"I'll be fine, I promise." He kisses both are cheeks and runs back to the battle area.

Sarah holds my hand tightly. "Will he be ok?"

"He'll be ok..." I assure her.

I hope...