An Eventful Two Days

'Blue? Or maybe pink. Not that bright, more pastel?' I instruct Lucy as he changes the wall colours of the venue.

'Radical concept.'

'Shoot.'

'Mint green.'

'Oh, yes. Go on then, let's see what it looks like.' He obliges. 'Ah fuck, it looks like a hospital.'

'Lavender, maybe? Or lemon?'

'Yeah, let's see.' He changes them in turn. 'Ooh, I like those.'

'Two walls lemon, two walls lavender?'

'You're a genius.'

'We're both geniuses.' He flips the colours to that, and turns his attention to the ceiling. He suggests light grey, and I nod absentmindedly as he flips through the colours, but I can't focus on the colours because I'm far too focused on how cute he is when he's so concentrated.

He raises his eyebrows. 'You think I'm cute?'

'Stop reading my mind!' I feel my entire face go red.

'By the way,' he says, 'can we stop pretending like we don't like each other?'

'Wait, you knew that I liked you?'

'You aren't exactly a genius at hiding it, are you? Also, I can read your mind.'

'Well, I knew you liked me, too. I was planning on talking to you about it at some point.'

'Wait, how did you find out?'

'I asked Leo what code cookie meant.'

'That bastard.'

'I was going to talk to you about it but I kept chickening out.'

'Oh. Well, I guess we just talked about all of this.'

'I guess we did. Time for the awkward phase of Are We Dating Yet?'

'I mean, I want to date you, if you want to date me.'

I smile. 'I'd like that.'

So we stand there, in the middle of the cafe, smiling at each other like idiots.

'Hey, lovebirds! Quit eye- fucking and let's get to business!' Edie yells, banging on the glass door. I rush to open it. She's brought Leo and Jayden along. I completely forgot they were gonna help us choose the decor.

'Let's not tell them yet.' Lucy says just loudly enough for me to hear. I nod and unlock the door, letting a very excited Edie and Leo hug us, while Jayden hangs back awkwardly. I give him a hug too, because he clearly doesn't want to initiate. I get what that feels like.

'Okay, so we were thinking light grey for the ceiling.' I explain.

'Light grey? I'd go with a lighter yellow or blue.' Leo responds. 'Lighter than the walls, I mean.'

'Which wall is blue?' Jayden asks, genuinely appalled.

'That one and that one!' Leo points to the two lavender walls.

'That's purple. It's literally pastel purple.'

'Oh, who cares?'

'Me, I care very much.' Jayden asserts.

'Yeah, your eyes are fucked if you think that's blue.' I agree.

'Are my eyes purple?' Leo asks, annoyed.

'Are mine fucking blue?' Jayden responds.

'No, yours are a different colour to the walls.'

'Yeah, but if they were lighter.'

'They'd be pink.'

'What the fuck, Leo.'

I watch them bicker before turning to Lucy and Edie.

'Okay, while they continue to flirt in their weird way, let's see what the ceiling would look like if it was light yellow.'

Lucy changes it to a pale primrose. 'Ew, maybe the lavender.' Edie scrunches up her nose.

'Mm maybe we should have it mint?' I ask, seeing it lavender.

'No, that's gross. I think the grey was best after all.' Lucy says, changing it back from green to a pale silvery grey.

'Okay, the floor needs to be linoleum or tiles or something else easy to clean.'

'What colour?'

'Black, maybe?'

'What, the trashy sparkly kind?'

'Of course.'

As he changes the floor, I finally see that this is a venue. It's not some blank shithole under construction anymore.

The walls are colourful, the floor is finished, the skirting has also been done, which is a nice touch.

He smiles at me. 'Wanna start doing the furniture?'

'Oh HELL yeah.'

So we work together to pick furniture, me, him, Edie, Leo, and Jayden.

All my friends from hell.

'Babe, I've got to go to work.' Lucy says quietly, waking me up.

'Babe?' I tease sleepily.

'Oh, shut the fuck up.'

'Anyway, you don't need to wake me up to go to work.'

'Yes I do, you've got a death grip on me.'

I release the hold I've been keeping on him. 'What time will you be back?'

'Same as usual, around eleven. Why?'

'Can we set up the coffee machine and oven and stuff when you get back?'

''Course.' He gets up, stretching and yawning. He's like a little cat. It's cute.

'Meow.' He says, deadpan. 'I'll see you in two hours then, Aki.'

'Bye, tell them all I say hi.' I say, pulling the duvet back over my head. I hear him leave the room and go into the kitchen.

I try to go back to sleep, but I can't. I pick up my phone and start scrolling through Tumblr.

Why is Tumblr a thing in hell if all the other social media has a different name?, you may ask.

According to Lucy, it's a little known fact that the guy who set up Tumblr was actually a demon himself. In fact, he started it in hell, and when he moved to Earth to be closer to his human girlfriend, he decided to start it up there as well.

Funnily enough, he was one of the first demons to inhabit hell, along with Lucy and Lilith. He has similar powers to Lucy, actually.

Ah, shit!

I was supposed to remind Lucy to ask Joe about ma!

Well, hopefully he'll actually remember this time.

I continue to scroll through Tumblr. I hear the door open. Holy shit, it's eleven already?

'You're back quick.' I comment.

'Yeah, not much to do today. But guess what I remembered to ask Joe about?'

'Oh my god! I was thinking about that earlier. What did he say?'

'They're in hell, and both willing to see youagain.