Chapter 8

"You're dead." Those words rang out through the USJ with a deafening finality to them. Izuku waited for the Nomu to charge him, and as it did, he made a fast sidestep, twisted his grip on his bo staff, and slammed it down onto the Nomu's neck. The Nomu let out a screech of pain as its head disconnected from its body, only to be run through by Izuku's staff.

The Nomu dropped to the ground, its now lifeless body making no move. Shigaraki stared at Izuku, completely dumbfounded - the man child screeched with anger "How!? You cheated! That Nomu was meant to be able to stand up to All Might himself, how was a snot-nosed brat like you able to beat it!?" The man-child went on a rant about how Izuku cheated the fight, saying that there was no way he could have been able to beat it in the first place. Izuku let out a content sigh, the people around him were safe, he would be able to drift off to sleep now, maybe permanently.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aizawa couldn't believe it - his problem child, Izuku Midoriya, had somehow cut off the head of Mister Black Bird with a bo staff of all things, all while keeping his cool and moving with injuries that would have knocked out most pro heroes. He was still alive, right!?! Aizawa could see Izuku swaying, struggling to continue standing, "Izuku! Just get back to the other students!" Aizawa could see that Izuku had heard him and had tried to move towards the other students, only to end up falling after taking a couple of steps. He kept trying to move, using an arm to pull himself along the ground.

Aizawa snapped out of his daze and rushed to Izuku's side, only to be stopped midway by the mist man, Kurogiri Izuku had called him, "I'm afraid I can't allow you to get any closer to him. He will be a great asset to the league." Aizawa could almost feel his emotions bubbling over a safe threshold, he was pissed -  these villains wanted to take his problem child? Like hell they were going to get away with it while he was here. Aizawa canceled Kurogiri's quirk and made short work of the man by slamming his metal neck plating into the floor with his capture weapon. Aizawa growled, "don't you dare stop me, you overgrown smoke machine." with those words, Aizawa sprinted to Izuku as fast as his legs would take him, taking note of everything that he could see of the child, from the slow rise and fall of his chest to the fact that it looked like he was bleeding from almost every piece of exposed skin from his chest down, along with the fact that he looked like he had several broken ribs.

Aizawa nealed next to Izuku and slowly lifted his body from the ground, "Problem child, you better stay awake, you hear me? Stay awake!" Izuku barely seemed to react, though he gave a half-hearted nod in acknowledgment. Aizawa took full stock of the situation around him - his students were scattered, but some of them seemed to have made their way back to the plaza and could help with the remaining villains, as long as help protect Izuku and apply some emergency first aid. The disgruntled teacher spotted one of his students near the water of the flood zone, Asui Tsuyu, looking at his situation along with Mineta Minoru, who seemed to be trying to grope her in this situation, a definite expulsion for later. Aizawa called Asui over and told her to carefully take Izuku back to the main group of students on the stairs - Asui gingerly picked Izuku up while sending Aizawa a concerned glance, "Aizawa-sensei, what are you going to do?" a shit-eating grin appeared on Aizawa's face, "I'm going to engage the remaining villans."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tsuyu didn't know how to feel about the entire situation. They had been going to the USJ for extra training but had been attacked by villains soon after they arrived, then Midoriya, the Gen. Ed. kid that Aizawa-sensei had for some reason gotten to come along with them had known about some of the villain's quirks, then gone to fight the people who led the attack - it was like he was suicidal or something. She had been dropped into the flood zone, which was great for her quirk, along with that little pervert Mineta - though actually getting out of the area wasn't that difficult, she just made an impromptu electrical bomb from the boat's battery, she had not been expecting to see Aizawa-sensei taking on a bunch of villains and rushing to help Midoriya, who was currently dodging the villains' leader with insane accuracy and fighting the villains' massive bird pet... thing. She almost wanted to step in to help her fellow student, but was stopped by the overwhelming dread she felt from the very idea of going up against that massive enemy - it was massive and seemed to pack a serious punch as well as being ridiculously fast, there was no way she would be able to last even a second against that thing. Yet Midoriya, someone not even in the Hero Course, was doing exactly that. He was going toe to toe with an enemy that seemed to be on par with All Might himself, and he was winning. It came as even more of a surprise when he managed to somehow cut the things head off with a blunt weapon, a blunt weapon. Was that even supposed to be possible?!(though Tsuyu is often seen having trouble expressing her emotions, I decided to make her a slightly excitable character for the sake of this story, the situation is getting her on a high of adrenaline)