Chapter 11

Izuku walked down the halls of UA and idly passed the classrooms until he arrived at his own.

Class 1-C wasn't really... bad per say. It was less accepting than 1-A, that was for sure, but the heroics class had been a complete enigma to Izuku with how they acted around him. It was like they honestly didn't care that he was quirkless. Either way, 1-C acted more inside of the range of reactions that he was used to; name calling, some physical abuse, destroying his work (not that he hadn't already completed it), the usual. What did slightly irk him was that apparently one of his classmates, Shinsou if Izuku remembers correctly, has been bitching about how people have called his quirk villainous.

Izuku will never deny that something happened to his classmate, something did, he just didn't like the way Shinsou flaunted it like an "I've been through a little bit of shit so now I get a go free pass to life." It was utterly ridiculous!

There was also this day when Shinsou had convinced the rest of the class to follow along with his plan to "scout out the competition for the sports festival." Izuku supposed it made sense from certain angle, but Izuku was almost certain that his class would take it too far. He just hoped being there to help clean up the mess and maybe intervene would be enough to reconcile with the heroics course.

Izuku followed along behind the boy who's hair defied gravity with a sense of trepidation. He didn't actually want to be there, but he needed to be a part of the cleanup crew for the inevitable shit show that was about to happen. True to Izuku's predictions, almost as soon as Shinsou had arrived he began taunting 1-A and insulting them for the USJ villain attack.

Izuku was now slightly ticked off at his classmate. He knew logically that Shinsou didn't know what he was talking about, but the fact then he singled out Tsu and almost went on a tangent about how someone so inexpressive could never be a proper hero.

That was the last straw, as Tsuyu had actually told him quite recently that she had been nervous about being able to reassure civilians with her almost constantly neutral expression. Izuku made quick work of Shinsou by giving him a quick chop to the neck and forcing him into unconsciousness. Everyone but 1-A just looked at him like he was crazy ( Tsuyu looked slightly relieved). Izuku walked out into the open and out himself between 1-A and the other students. He let his bloodlust flair a tiny bit; "I recommend to all of you that you return to classes." No body moved, so Izuku let more of his bloodlust slip. "Now." Everyone scrambled to get away from 1-A and Izuku reeled in his bloodlust completely.

Everyone showed their gratitude in various ways, Tsuyu told him that she'd pick up some ice cream for Eri ( he counted that as a total win, even if that wasn't why he had done what he did). Some of the others just gave him a passing thanks, and the others gave him some sort of physical gesture of gratitude, Koda especially. Bakugo waited behind after the others, and Izuku realized that he probably wanted to talk about why Izuku had been missing for so long.

Izuku signaled for Bakugo to follow him into the classroom and closed the door behind him. "I'm guessing that you're curious about why I've been missing for the last 10 years?" Bakugo nodded.
"Damn nerd, everyone's been worrying about you for 10 years, especially Auntie Inko and Uncle Hisashi."

Izuku scoffed lightly at those words. "They shouldn't be worried about me, and if they are then they shouldn't have abandoned me in the first place."
Bakugo spluttered while trying to get out a coherent response; "A-abandoned? But you were kidnapped and-" Izuku stopped him before he could go for too long.
"I wasn't kidnapped, Bakugo. They abandoned me when they found out that I was quirkless. I just stayed on the streets and people forgot about me. Currently I'm using my status as a deadman to hide a little girl from some villains. I'm sure you hear Tsuyu mention an "Eri" earlier?" The blonde nodded "Eri is the girl I'm hiding." Bakugo paused as his brain began to fully comprehend the information that he was just given.