𝕆𝕟𝕖

☠◉☠◉☠◉☠◉☠◉☠◉☠◉☠◉☠◉☠◉☠◉☠◉☠

The one thing I hated the most was being woken up. Sleeping was the only time I could be in complete relaxation, especially in this house. 

There I laid, peacefully, hugging my pillow close to my chest; all until there was an aggressive banging on my bedroom door. My eyes opened slowly, a groan exiting my throat. "Ava!" My sister, Effy, shouted from the other side of the door, "Wake the fuck up, I am not riding with dad alone to college!" 

I rolled over, fully facing the door, "Fuck off, Eff," I shouted back to her; praying she would walk away and leave me alone. Of course she didn't, she continued to bang on my door, to the point I was afraid my doorknob would come flying off. "Jesus fuckin' Christ! Keep your tiny tits on, will ya?" Finally the noise came to a stop and I heard her walk away; her loud boots echoing in the halls. 

I swung my legs over the side of my bed, I looked over towards my window, the one that my older brother, Tony, would frequently use to sneak out. This was my exact plan; there was no way in hell I was about to ride to my first day of college with my dad and sister. Forever I was just known as Tony's sister or Effy's sister---I wanted to be called by my own name, just for once. 

I sifted through my clothes before I eyed out an outfit and put it on; quickly after that I grabbed my bag and tossed it out the window, then I heaved my leg out the window and grabbed the gutter; I slid down and landed in the patch of grass below the window. 

I ducked below the window that looked into our family room and grabbed my bag and quickly walked off down the sidewalk. I felt my stomach growl, I figured there was enough time to stop and grab something to eat and maybe smoke a spliff... I knew there was a food truck near Roundview that sold lager early in the morning if you just asked, so I headed that way. 

I walked towards the truck, sliding the cashier some money, I then grabbed my pint and turned around, that was when I noticed two lads who were about my age sitting at a table nearby. 

One wore a red shirt, he sat there smoking a spliff and there was two pints sitting on the table. The other had curly hair, he just sat across from the other, talking to him. I walked over, setting my own pint on the table before I sat down, "Morning, lads," I said to the pair. They stared at me, their expressions blank.

The curly-haired one cocked his head to one side, "Good morning," He replied; he quickly looked over to his mate as if he was searching for instruction. 

"Alright?" I then said, I leaned back in the chair, "Not goin' to introduce yourselves?"

"You're the one who sat here," The one in the red said, his confusion slowly deluded into an amused expression.

"Oh, please... A gentleman always introduces themselves first." 

"Oh! Right, I'm JJ," The one with curly hair told me, "And that there is Cook."