3) BLINK!

Say ... Have you heard of the rumor .... They say every time a snow storm occurs, they appear." The voice sang.

"Who?." I asked.

"No one knows cause the people who have seen them were never to be found in the first place ". It sang in a whisper.

" What are you trying to say? " I questioned fearfully.

"They appear as distorted apparations at first .. why do they appear or what do they want is a mystery .. ignore them once ... Ignore them twice ...
The fated encounter seals the deal "
" The is no escape "the voice whispered .

" What happens then?" I asked innocently.

A wide grin appears on her face, " who knows "

Pushing me to the ground she got on top of me, jabbing the pair of scissors harder against my throat . Her eyes widened like saucers in delight at seeing  drops of blood make their way down the side of my neck.

The candle flickered with the winds that blew through the open window, casting a menacing shadow across her face.

Trembling with fear, I struggle to push her away and free my self but my whole body went numb as if my life was getting sucked out .

" Stacey my love ... Do you know " she whispered into my ear as I whimpered in fear of the unknown.

" Anything can happen in the blink of an eye ... Anything " she said , her voice turning into a very mild whisper towards the end of the sentence .

"Mommy loves you so much , she will never leave you alone" she leaned down,licking my ear with her long pointed tongue , just like a vile snake .

"1....2....3....blink" she hissed .

_____

My breath stilled contrary to my racing heart that tried to burst out of my rib cage .

I did not have the courage to turn around and witness what horrified Emily . I kept facing her while holding my breath observing the tears that had started falling from her eyes, running down her rosy cheeks as her lips trembled .

Clenching my sweaty palms, I hoped for the worst as I waited for everything to just disappear and let it be a nightmare .

Be it anything but reality .

Icy shallow breaths tickled down my neck , indicating how close the intruder was .

A jolt of electricity ran through me immediately pumping adrenaline into my body , turning me completely rigid with panic but fully alert of the possible danger !

Of course my natural instinct was to pull Emily and jump through the window , hopefully surviving the fall with the help of our snow cushioned lawn but I had no clue what was behind me in the first place!.A murderer ? An animal? .....the snow lady?. I couldn't even move a single finger, let alone my body as a certain invisible yet intimidating force  held me up in my spot .

On the other hand the  pounding on the door became so furious that each strike rattled my bones . 

I struggled the best way I could to fight and push away this invisible force . The Icy pants of the stranger right down my neck weren't exactly helping either .

In these frantic movements with so many questions racing through my mind I couldn't help it ....but .... 1....2...3 blink! .

I had never come to believe that line nor did I ever want to remember it .. but the foul rancid odor accompanied by the slithering , hissing ,whispers of " her " voice would follow me everywhere.