5)Hush II

The candles flickered for a few seconds as both of us gave the taunting light our equal  attention .

" There it is ,spooks keeps happening whenever the word is uttered .. like it's cursed " she mutters more like to herself .

" So ..  what happened then ?" I urged her to continue while keeping an eye on the black chandelier that once gave a calming glow .

" I dived deep into the word to get as many clues , all I could get out was that it had an Indian origin , most commonly a feminine name  . "

I looked at her form , she had a soothing aura around her , and she seemed well informed about these drastic change of events , well at least more than me .

" About that guy by the way ... Any clues on him " I asked quietly shutting my eyes .

Exhaustion had started taking its toll . My whole body still ached and the cold hard floor wasn't helping either .

"I mean .. where did he disappear off too ?Cause he clearly was suspicious " I said breaking the silence .

Looking to my side where she sat , I noticed how deep In thought she was . Feeling my gaze on her , she seemed to snap out of whatever was occupying her mind .

"Oh yeah.. about him .. I tried finding out the reason of his absence , he didn't make any friends during his time at school .
I decided to confront the dean" she turned towards me .

I could see the conflicted emotions swirling deep like waves in her blue eyes.

" He said .. the school doesn't have a literary club let alone the student I enquired about  " she whispered so low I almost didn't hear it . Like she didn't want the walls to hear .

"Your kidding right" I said , disbelief lacing my voice .

Yeah now I should be going into an unconscious mode , this is too much to hear let alone believe. I was going to be sick .

She tilted her head while staring intently , her blue eyes paled , " That's what they all exclaimed  " she smiled sadly .

I wanted to believe her  , but such a tale that now sounded more like a folklore or something not less than a horror story was difficult to take in .

It has to be one of those seven mysteries of .. wait of what place again I can't recollect . Given the circumstances , I did experience quiet ...out of this world , feats before being thrown in here only to get another disbelieving explaination .
Right now all I wanted was a hot bath to soothe my aching muscles .

"So basically , the book you seen is somehow related to the mess we are in . " I questioned , avoiding her mystery boy.

" Yes , that is one theory . I don't know where the book is now , probably still with him , a guy whose existence  Im not sure off ...anymore. If we could uncover at least something from it .." she said thoughtfully.

" True , but since we have no means , with our current condition -"

" Our top priority will be to get out of here some how " she smirked , completing my line of  thought.

" But how ?!" I exclaimed .
Having no answer left us in a temporary loss. I tried to find comfort in the silence that followed as I stared at the designs on the ceilings. It had a mysterious calling to it . The six triangles meeting at the common tip . The sixth triangle was blank with no markings as the others .

" Do you know what those designs are " I asked ,

"No clue" she said observing
the ceiling as well .

"Im sorry I muttered  so much before even getting to know you , I didn't get your good name" she asked looking expectantly at me .

"Stacey McGuire" I answered, smiling softly at her .

"Ohhh reminds me of steak " she said making me laugh , followed by a loud rumbling sound . Startled I looked at the source   .

"Yea that was loud " she rubbed her stomach while grinning in embarrassment which set me up in fits of laughter. As our light laughter's filled the small room a mild rumble sound appeared again .

"Again ?! When was the last you ate " I asked getting up and dusting my cubby derriére .

The rumble came again , but it sounded more dense  . The spooky chandelier shook with the viberations , the clincking of its dangling glass shards  shaped like  black tears echoed along ,light reflecting off them  .
A chilling breeze filled up the small space , causing the candles to flicker vigorously .

"What's happening ?" I gasped ,
Looking around frantically , I tried to navigate myself towards her.

" Hey! Are you alright? ' I asked worried about the silence I kept receiving for my panicked answers.

" Answer me !" I cried out , the flickering light was making it hard to concentrate as my breath came out in fogs . The temperature had dropped at an alarming rate , the same activity that was in my room before I was pushed here . Not a good sign .. definitely.

" Not going to blink ?" A voice came from the front halting me in my tracks .
It was more like a whisper . But the mere sentence got my attention as I stood alert with  fear escalating in my veins  . The voice was familiar and Intimidating at the same time.

" Wh.who-" my stammering was met with silence only . I tried my best to navigate to where I presumed she was seated a minute ago with shaky steps just hoping the voice was just my imagination .

STRUNG

I blinked ....

No no no ... This has to a joke !

Why on all things holy am I suddenly upside down !

And ..and the room that we were in was gone now replaced by the dimensions we seen ... OUTSIDE THAT ROOM!  And surprisingly I seem to be standing on one of the upside down Bridges .

I was really ok being on the cold marble floor ,no complaints , right now I was scared to even lift a finger as I shut up eyes again willing this illusion to go away .
Come on ! This - it .. has be nightmare . Please let it be one  I pleaded .

I completed my deal

No .no stop ! I begged as tears threatened to fall .

Such a good riddance

How could you

Cause you are a monster .....

The tears betrayed .

.......................And so is he .

I gasped as I felt a stray tear being wiped off .

A pair of glimmering golden eyes bore into my own .

As it neared me

Quickened heart beats .....

Pulsing blood ...

Hasty shallow breaths..

Cold feet and fingers ..

Heavy panting

As it leaned closer ...

" Nihil personalem"  .. what!?

                 ________________
Like and vote to keep up the updates :)