Prologue

There she lies, in the middle of the asphalt. The blood around her pretty face has made her look less angelic. She no longer has that typical face that she had as a human child. It is lighter, more unnatural. As if someone sucked life out of her when she clapped her head on the road. Wham, boom, gone. Everything gone. There is nothing left of her.

At least that's how people think about it. I know that death is not forever. How could it be different? I grew up in it myself. All my life I have only been dead. How is that possible? It is still a mystery to me. But I don't feel dead at all. On the contrary, I have been roaming this earth for seventeen years and am always amazed at how lively I feel. And there is no one who understands that I never existed. I can walk into any disco and ask for a beer. Never has an employee behind the bar asked me how old I am or where I come from. No one has ever come up with the idea of ​​flirting with me or asking me to walk home. No one has ever looked at me with a strange look and wondered why the hell I am so pale.

Why the hell, ha ha. I still can't laugh about that stupid word joke. It just makes me more aware of the fact that I don't exist. That I am invisible. That no one will care about me. But that is not necessary. Nothing will happen to me. Never. And I'm only happy about that, especially now that I see that poor girl lying there. She has never had a clue of what awaits her after death.

But I do know. I know where she is going. And I also know that I will have to guide her. I raise my head to the sky above me, pray and hope the girl will regain consciousness soon. Ready to join our infinitely large family.