𝕋wo

At first, the two called each other nearly every day, they didn't always speak, they just enjoyed one another's presence through the phone call or occasional video call.

Slowly every day turned into every other day, and then to once a week and the two gradually just didn't have the time to speak to one another regularly. Both boys were busy with school work, and such things, but still tried their hardest to make time for one another.

when they did find the time to speak it would be for hours on end, talking about anything and everything, but even that came to a stop.

1 1/2 year later

This was Jisung's first call to Minho in almost 5 months, it had been 3 months since they'd even texted each other properly. Jisung had felt an overwhelming urge to call his boyfriend, he missed the other deeply and wished that they could go back to the beginning when his workload was less and he had time to speak to the other.

That's why Jisung sat in his bed at 4 am, wrapped up in his blankets calling his boyfriend. At first, no one answered, disappointed, Jisung tried again, and finally, Minho picked up the call.

"Hi," Jisung called out tiredly.

"Jisung!" Minho screeched, "what are you doing awake? Isn't it like 4 am?"

"Yeah, I just, I missed you, a lot."

"Oh, I miss you too sung, but you need to go to sleep, you already have a lot going on without staying up till 4," Minho was concerned for his boyfriend, it seemed that he was always awake at odd hours. The only sign Minho had of this were the text messages sent at those times, ones that were often incoherent because of Jisung's sleep-deprived state.

"Yeah I just wanted to hear your voice, you know it helps me fall asleep," Jisung stated sleepily. Ever since the two were young, Minho's voice could always calm Jisung down or help him relax. For years the two would have sleepovers, and those were the nights where Jisung slept most peacefully.

"Do you want me to stay on until you fall asleep?" Minho questioned, he had classes later that evening so he didn't mind staying and talking to Jisung, it had been so long since the two held a conversation but even just hearing Jisung's voice was enough.

"It's okay, I don't want to keep you, I'll be fine though." Jisung sounded exhausted, and it hurt Minho's heart to here him that way, "good night Min, I love you."

This time it was Minho's turn to whisper quietly, "I love you, Sung, sleep well, I'll call you again tomorrow."

The call ended with a click, leaving Jisung with a sad emptiness that could only be filled by Minho.