Chapter 2 - The Dragon's Call: Part II

The guards escorted you down into the dungeons where you would rest in a cell until Oikawa deemed you ready to leave. You knew that people could be killed for treacherous acts against royalty, so you hoped that he was a little forgiving.

As you were forced into a dank, dirty cell which reeked of urine and moldy hay, you found yourself on the floor, knees tugged up against your chest and tears welling in your eyes. Your head slammed against the stone wall behind you; you had hoped the pain would knock you unconscious but it only left you feeling a little dizzy. Biting your lower lip, you tried to get some shut eye so you wouldn't have bear the environment for much longer.

You awoke the next morning shivering--your body was frozen from the inside out. A sheen of ice covered the moldy floor, and the hay you had been provided with as a means of keeping you warm through the night hadn't met your needs; whatever heat your body had sustained from the sun had long since run out. You were colder than you had ever been before, and you had survived winters with only a couple of thin blankets. This was absolutely freezing.

[Name].

The voice from before called out again. However, while it was still a faint echo, it sounded closer, as though you were indeed closer to the source. You sat up, sore muscles and chilled body protesting, but you had to search for the voice--it was starting to drive you mad.

"I'm seriously going insane," you muttered, now frustrated at both yourself and your whole situation. You had only been in Camelot for two and a half days, and things were already getting out of your hands.

[Name].

"Seriously?" You shouted up at the heavens. There was no one there, but there was that voice; it was unlike anyone you had ever heard of, and it was starting to annoy you. Maybe it was all in your head? Maybe--

"[Name]?"

Now, this was a different voice--one you knew all too well. The harsh sound of the wrought iron cell door opening irritated your ear, and as you turned to the source, Kuroo came into view behind the guards. He sighed at you.

"The one thing you were supposed to do was keep your head down and stay out of trouble, and what do you do instead? You behave like an idiot. You injured the prince and insulted him? [Name], you are lucky he didn't get you beheaded!"

"He provoked me!" You defended.

You had to use the wall for support to get to your feet. Kuroo noticed how frail and willowy you were--your face was odd, beautifully so, like an elf or another mystical creature, but it was evident you did not eat as much as you should. He couldn't blame you; many villagers didn't eat often, and some reacted physically to it. Even with your baggy clothes he could see how slender you were.

"And you provoked him," he reminded you, breaking out of his thoughts.

You lowered your gaze to the ground. Your actions were certainly uncouth but your stubborn mind reasoned with you that the prince deserved the treatment he had gotten--he had shown such disrespect toward Hinata--and everyone in general--and it was not something you could just simply brush off. But, to punch the future king of Camelot? Not good.

"I'm... sorry."

Kuroo sighed, "You are very lucky I was able to pull a few strings to get you released."

You grinned and ran over to hug him tight. "Oh, thank you," you breathed. "Thank you!"

He gently pried you away from him disapprovingly, then began to lead you up the staircase into the courtyard.