Chapter 11

"Be careful," Kyra whispered and held my hand. I felt something pushing into my palm, "focus on him Cloud, do not care for me. He cannot kill me." he statement boiled my blood. I stared into her eyes, "trust me," I read her lips.

The materia she had put in my hand, absorbed and immediately my head was clear. All the doubt and fear was gone and I only had one goal now, to kill this guy the moment we found out where Sephiroth was.

Kyra withdrew an arrow and aimed it towards him while stepping forward carefully. The man stared at the threat approaching him with interest. But then his eyes narrowed, "You..." he started.

"You cannot possibly know me," she said calmly but then she released the arrow. If he didn't dodge it, it would have hit his shoulder. He didn't finish what he wanted to say. Instead, he wore that disgusting smirk on his lips and approached Kyra. with every step, his speed increased and in a moment they were right in front of each other. Kyra used another arrow for him to duck, and I ran toward them.

It was obvious from his every move that he is indeed a mirror of Sephiroth. He was even carrying his long sword. I got to them fast and threw a sword to Kyra. he was too fast for the arrows anyway. The battle started for real.

He was moving fast, using the trees and branches to move back, up and down. Kyra was fast but not as fast as him. I could catch up with him better. I ran after him on the branches until I realised that we are far away from her. Sephiroth's clone stood on a thick tree branch and stared at me. I knew what he had in his head, but seeing his shocked expression was amusing. He was trying to get into my head, but he couldn't. I smiled at his failed attempt and attacked him with all I had, carrying my sword on the top of my shoulder. I could not defeat him like last time, I didn't have enough space and the tall thick trees were disturbing my movement. He easily pushed all my strokes away, making me use my sore muscles with no outcome. I couldn't even get close to him. The problem was that I had to hold back from hurting him seriously or Kyra couldn't find out where the real one was.

A sound from behind him, made him turn around. Kyra was behind him who attacked with a shout. She managed to escape his sword but before she could get close enough to hit him, he grabbed her ankle while she was jumping over his head. I shouted her name, but he threw her on one of the branches. The branch broke and she fell down. I just watched her disappear from my sight.

As anger flew in my blood, that clear picture I had gotten with the materia, was gone. A picture of the dead Kyra came to my mind. I felt my pulse throbbing in my head and my hands shivering. I wasn't sure if it was anger or tiredness. I had to hurt him, but I couldn't kill him and that was narrowing down the options I had. I knew I had to be fast and had to do something in one move.

"Finished him off!" I heard her voice. As my heart calmed down, my eyes fixed on him. Now, he was mine. I ran toward him while separating a piece of my sword. I threw it to him and jumped down to climb up on another tree right behind him. I used another piece and repeated my actions. I could no longer feel anything, I was using my last energy.

In the end, while I was carrying the last piece of the sword, I climbed the same tree he was on and thrust my sword in his chest. He looked at me lost and confused. I had never seen that face. In the next second, he vanished and I allowed myself to drop down faintly on the ground. No more energy.

I remember opening my eyes a couple of times after that. Once I was being carried, but it was not by a person. It was more like I was lying down on water and its flow is taking me. The next time, I was sitting behind Kyra while she was riding Fenrir and the last time was when she put me down on a bed. "Well done," I heard someone say.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The story is getting better and better. next chapter is my favourite! keep reading ;)