Chapter 19

Right out of the oven for you guys. Just finished writing it. to prevent confusion I should say this chapter is from Kyra's perspective. 

Enjoy the FINAL BATTLE

########################################################

As Cloud and I were climbing the stairs, I could hear mumbles of the dead from the planet. They were trying to warn me about something but I could not understand what they desired. I had heard these mumbles before when I was going to face Jenova two thousand years ago. Since then I had not heard these many screams and shouts from beyond. When we reached the entrance of the building I stopped to take a deep breath. I could feel Cloud's existence right behind me and hear his breath. I knew the ending of the story and I had an urge to touch him once more, but I was scared of being late. But before I could step outside, Cloud grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards himself, too fast that I didn't have time to think or react. He placed his hand on the sides of my face and left a gentle kiss on my lips. I closed my eyes, happy that my wish had come true. Though I had to hurry. The voices in my head were making me mad.

I looked at him in the eyes and smiled. He opened his mouth to say something and I knew what it was. I didn't want to hear it. It was already hard enough to separate from him. So I pushed my fingers against his lips, "we have to go," I reminded him and withdrew Zola.

Outside of the building I heard the sound and something thick tearing. A gasp from Cloud made me look at him who was behind me. He was grabbing his head in his hands and was trying not to shout.

"Are you OK?" I tried to approach him. I knew Sephiroth was probably trying to use him as his puppet as he had always tried. I pulled out a materia from my waist bag to stop the process but I was too late. When Cloud looked up, he had Sephiroth's cat eyes. He drew his sword and attacked me. Sephiroth was stronger than I thought. Cloud couldn't even persist this time.

I jumped back and kept my distance from him. He stood where he was and I heard slow food steps behind me. "Finally," I heard Sephiroth's voice, "Cloud is doing what is right." I turned and gave him an angry look. His smirk faded as he saw my face. "You..." he tried hesitantly. I aimed Zola toward him, "I killed your mother," I declared while thinking he probably knows me from her memories, "and I will finish you too." His smirk appeared again.

"Really?"

I could hear my loud heartbeats and over that sound, I heard Cloud's running steps. I was surrounded by two people in the world who could actually hurt me. One because he was beyond the rules of this planet and one simply because I loved him.

"Your feelings will disturb..." her voice echoed in my head. Now I knew what she meant. I didn't have time as Cloud was running with hatred in his eyes and his swords at me. I had to be fast.

I used Zola to stop his attack and saw Sephiroth above my head. The planet sent her mako strings and grabbed my ankle with them and moved me just in time to hide behind a tree. A quick study of the situation proved that I had to be quick and heartless or Cloud would stop me. I reminded myself of why I was doing it again; to change fate and stop Sephiroth from causing every human's death.

I slif Zola back in her sheath and aimed an arrow towards Sephiroth. I felt the energy from the ground accumulating in me. She was helping me with all she could. The moment I released my bow, I saw the irony in my head and the scene was repeated. The bow hit him right through Sephiroth's eye. He shouted and with that Cloud found out my whereabouts. I wish I could capture the moment of Sephiroth getting blind. No one had ever seen him shout like this.

While running toward Cloud, I released another arrow towards Sephiroth calculating that it will hit a tree and turn back right at his torso, when he thought he had dodged it. Then immediately slid out Zola, not caring about the arrow I had sent out.