14

Growing up, she dreaded sharing beds with anyone -- whether that be sharing a bed with her sister in a hotel room or even space on the living room couch.

But there was something about his warmth that made her look forward to sharing his bed with him every night.

Hanji blinked twice before opening her eyes completely, greeted by the peering sunlight through his blue curtains. She looked to her left, found Hyuk still asleep and smiled contently as she ran her hand down his chest.

"Good morning.", she whispered lowly and admired his features -- the wide and manly jaw and the plum blossom tattoo which crept up his neck -- which she never got to ask him about -- and the tall nose and plump lips.

As she was about to turn to face the other way, she felt his arm wrap around her waist to pull her back closer to him.

"You're just gonna leave me hanging?", Hyuk whispered against her temple before planting a kiss on the same spot, making her squirm in his hold.

Hanji ran her hand down the arm around her. "Jiho called again before you fell asleep."

Her statement made him open his eyes widely, making him fully awake. "A-About what?"

"Dunno. He just said he needed to speak to you...For the tenth time this week.", Hanji explained before getting up from bed and tying her hair in a low ponytail.

Hyuk knew Jiho called in regards to Simon and he had been avoiding all his texts and calls all week.

~

I'll pick you up from work, yea?

Jiho just needs my help with something

A certain clench in his chest made his lips curl as he lied to Hanji through his texts. He had finally agreed to meet Simon that day and prayed that the torment would end soon, telling Jiho to let Simon know to meet him at the nearby coffee house.

When he entered the building, his eyes instantly fell on him -- tight black jeans, patterned button down and a black snapback which ruined his whole aesthetic.

"Why won't you sit?", Simon asked tauntingly.

Hyuk only gave him a cold expression, sighing through his nose before pulling out the chair in front of him to take an uncomfortable seat.

"Four years, Kwon Hyuk. What've you been up to?"

Simon sipped his black coffee and kept his eyes on the younger man.

"What do you want?", Hyuk asked bitterly.

The other scoffed harshly, placing his mug down from nearly burning his tongue. "You sound very upset for someone who's...I don't know...ruined someone else's reputation?"

Four years ago; Ulsan

"I-I don't know. I promised my dad I would start taking the business seriously after graduation."

Hyuk hesitated at Simon's idea to hold rentals at his private beach house, something neither of them have had training in hosting.

"Come on, Hyuk! It'll be like those airbnb things and we'll make loads of money!", Simon insisted as he accepted the deposit from the college freshmen who planned to rent his unit for the summer.

Despite Hyuk's hesitation, he agreed and both would soon regret their decision; as on the first night, the group had held a very predictable party and by the next morning, not only was the beach house torn to shreds but money had been stolen.

"Did your dad ever tell us he hid savings there?!", present-day Hyuk raised his voice.

Simon slapped his hand on the table and stood, causing it to shake and for eyes to land on them. "Bullshit! Hyuk, you always said it was a dumb idea for agents to hide money in remote places! Why didn't you say anything?"

"Not my fault stupidity runs in your family.", Hyuk retorted.

His comment fumed Simon as the elder grabbed him by his collar and was ready to throw a punch at his face, but was stopped by a nearby employee.

"You can lie to anyone about how much you've 'changed'. But your past will always haunt you, Hyuk and you'll always use people below you. You're just as horrible as the rest of us -- like your father, like mine -- that's what capitalism is."

Perhaps he hadn't changed completely. 

~

She was almost as happy as she could be; as here she was with the man she had never yet always seen herself with, and he felt so new and exciting yet so familiar and comfortable.

"How was your day with Jiho?"

Hanji asked Hyuk with bright eyes as she picked up a slice of fresh salmon sashimi which she had prepared for their dinner.

"I-It was alright. He just needed assistance with work...There's a new unit he's planning to buy soon and just didn't know which agent to hire for promotion.", Hyuk lied once more.

Lying to her will only make the outcome worse once she finds out about everything.

Hanji nodded along, "Well, I hope it goes well for him. He's been saying how overwhelmed he is, being new to the real estate business. Speaking of, how're things with you? How's work?"

She knew he was in real estate but didn't know exactly what he did as Hyuk always seemed to avoid that topic -- just that he helped his father out with sales.

"G-Good. M-My dad hasn't been bugging me as much so I guess I'm doing a good enough job.", he joked which made her laugh loudly.

Hyuk stopped for a moment to admire the view -- Hanji's pearly white teeth that he always found attractive and the milky skin on her neck which he died to pepper with kisses.

And so he did. As soon as they climbed into bed, he embraced her warmly and they shared a deep kiss.

"I-I don't plan to take you now. I'll do that when you trust me entirely so you remember all of it -- every touch, every kiss, every ray of pleasure shooting through your body.", Hyuk whispered to her with his lips grasing her neck.

Hanji sighed upon hearing his words. "I trust you."

Her confession almost made him burst into tears out of both happiness and pain; he was happy because she was willing to be with him but in so much sorrow because he wasn't truthful.

And he knew he didn't deserve her.

"Just kiss me sweetly, Hanji. Give it another five years for us to get there.", he managed to joke which gained a laugh from her.

--

more on simon and hyuk's deteriorated friendship soon!