Sail On

The sky was clear, while the day was hot. "Ugh, it's so hot! I think I'm going to melt!!" Akiza said as she waved her fan, blowing air to her face. Yusei, sitting behind her sighed, "Well if you think this is bad, you'd better get used to it! There is even more bad weather ahead." Jack said as he fanned himself with his hat. "Captain, I don't think we're going to make it." Crow said as he layed down wiping his forehead.

Yusei sighed, "Stop complaining and set down the sail. The wind is just about to pick up." Jack and Crow did as they were told.

Akiza smiled softly as she got the smell of salt and fresh breeze. "Hey Captain! I see something in the water!" Crow said as he began to point into the horizon. Yusei walked over to the ledge. "Where I don't see it-" Yusei looked down at his feet to see a hand grabbing his boot. "Yusei!" All of them yelled. He yelled as he was swept off his feet and into the sea. "Yusei!" Akiza said as she ran up to where Yusei was taken. Their crimson dragon marks all lit up as he left

He opened his eyes to see hair, blonde hair.. wait he saw water. No way... He was breathing underwater.. the figure looked like a woman. He freaked out. "Oh weary one, do you turn to the tide to engulf your sorrow?" She sang to him in her melodic voice, as my eyes closed slowly as he felt something warm touch his lips. "What's happening to me..."

When he awoke he felt dizzy, his surroundings, a gorgeous coral reef, surrounding vast waves and pearls. He could breathe. "I have to see her again..." Yusei approached the mysterious woman. "Ah~ Yusei... Won't you sing for me?" Her melodic voice said as she turned out of the shadows. Yusei felt intranced, his eyes glowed yellow. He began to softly sing, " Tell me if its okay~ lost in my memories~ yearning to come... home again.." He could hear his own voice resonating with the coral, he snapped out of his trance. The mermaid smiled, "Oh won't you stay Yusei?"

He awoke, he was on his ship. Wet and in a fever. "You sure Yusei will be okay jack? He's been humming the same song everytime he wakes up." Jack sighed, "Wake him up, we need to see what else is wrong with him." Akiza, scared and worried, She shook him. Yusei jolted awake. "W-Where am I?" Akiza moved back as she realized a mark on his arm, it wasnt the crimson dragon mark. "Yusei what is that on your arm?" Yusei quickly hid it, "Nothing. It's not anything."

"Crow come in here, feel like Yusei is about to do that song and dance routine." Jack said as he crossed his arms and stood in the corner. "What?!" Crow yelled from the other room. "He's gonna sing idiot!" Sing.. Yusei froze up, his eyes glowing yellow.

"Yusei?!" Akiza said as she shook him once more. "What's happening to you?" He couldn't get the words out. He snapped out of it again, holding his head. "Ngh... The mermaid.." He said as he fell back down on his bed. "Quick! Crow! go get a bucket of water! Don't ask me questions."

"On it Jack!" Akiza sat by Yusei's side as he gripped his bedsheets. "Yusei what do you mean by mermaids?" "I-I don't know.." Crow came in and gave the water bucket to Jack, "Pardon me Yusei, just doing what needs to be done!"

He threw the water onto Yusei, "Jack!" His eyes glowed again as he closed them, a small light appeared. There he was, Yusei was on the ground. His feet replaced by a blue shimmering tail. He was frozen once again, looking into the distance. "I-I knew it! Akiza, he was cursed.. what ever cursed him was looking for a weakness."

"My scales are broken.. damaged.. from the fight and refuse to shine.~" he sang softly.

Aki looked at him, "He looks so lost in his eyes. It's almost like he's gone.."

Aki quickly held him, hugging him tight. She began to cry. "Yusei.."