Day 6 - "What the hell?"

Day 6 came over fast and we decided to visit a fortune teller! We walked the streets of "Rockwell" and we ate lunch at this nice food truck, I got regular tacos and Gwen got a burrito.

"That burrito is huge babe, how are you gonna eat that?" I asked as I watched her pick up the huge thing. She looked at me and smirked.

"I've had bigger and you that~" She said with a wink. I gulped and looked to the side as my cheeks slowly got red. "So James when we get to the fortune teller what do you think they'll say?"

I thought to myself for a moment and bit the inner part of my mouth. "Well I don't want to say anything that might possibly change our fortune." I said as I got up and put my tacos in a box. "I'll save the tacos for when we get home."

I kissed the top of her head and smiled warmly. "But I hope it's something good." I said as I sat right behind her and hugged her. She was warm and soft. She felt so fragile in my hands.... I love her so much.

"Well I'm gonna eat my burrito now. So if you're just gonna just sit there watching me eat like a weirdo then go ahead." She she took a bite of of the burrito and she looked like a chipmunk with full cheeks. I blushed when I saw her cuteness.

After about 10 minutes of her eating she finally finished. She never ate fast, she was always cautious about getting a stomachache. We both got up and I rubbed my eyes a bit. When my eyes opened everything looked dark and gloomy. People weren't people anymore. . . this was like a nightmare come true. My breathing was fast and crazy. . . I blinked and everything was back to normal, I looked at Gwen with a frightened look.

"Baby are you ok?" She asked me as she grabbed my are gently. I nod and play it as I was just seeing things.

We walk to the fortune tellers shop and there was a singular homeless man in front of the building. He held his hands in the air and waved them as he stepped in front of us.

"Turn back! You shouldn't have come here!!" He shouted.

I looked at Gwen and she was confused, hell I was too. I pull out my wallet and give the guy a 20 and we walk past him. I felt eyes burn into the back of my head and I glance over my shoulder. To see what's going on but nobody is there, not even the homeless guy. I was getting the creeps as we walked into the building.

The moment we walk in the building a woman who looks to be in her 30's welcomes us. "HELLO!! I'm Tonya! Are you here to hear your fortune?" Tonya asked as she led us to a separate room.

We didn't even get to answer her before she pointed to our seats. We complied and sat down. I held Gwen's hand and looked at her. Gwen was calm and very relaxed. I on the other hand was tense and nervous.

"How many fortunes or futures can you tell us about?" Gwen asked as she sat on the edge of her seat.

Tonya held one finger up and grabbed a crystal ball from below the table. "I already know what you seek to to find out." She the rubbed the crystal ball and what looked like our future played in it.

It showed Gwen and I with two kids and with rings in our ring fingers. Tonya looked at the ball in disgust and she looked at us. I was happily holding Gwen and she was holding me. She kissed me on the lips and I kissed her back.

"So lover boy, when's that ring coming?" She asked and I smiled.

I giggled and said "Very soon" I rubbed her cheek with my thumb.

Tonya stood up and she slammed her hand on the table and threw the crystal ball against the wall shattering it. Black smoke filled the air. Two streams split some smoke dove into my chest and the others dove into Gwens head and right arm. Everything went black. . . Then suddenly I woke up in bed next to Gwen.

In my confusion I asked "What the hell?"