14| A Horse

A Horse

"She is water, powerful enough to drown you, soft enough to cleanse you, deep enough to save you" - Adrian Michael

"She is water, powerful enough to drown you, soft enough to cleanse you, deep enough to save you"                           - Adrian Michael

Mariana's POV

It'd been a day since I saw Alfie, he has yet to call me too.
I don't know what it was about the man... but something in me ached for him, he was intriguing. A mystery I wanted to unravel.

But today I had business to attend to, Tommy wanted to go halves on a horse for the derby. So I was now sat in a massive fucking van, crammed in between Arthur and Curly.

We rounded the corner into the small village, parking up outside Pol's house.
My hearing was then shattered by John beeping the fucking horn.
I stood up, banging on the wall between us and them
"Will you shut it?!" I shouted, climbing over Arthur to get out.

The fresh air was a welcomed change from the London and Birmingham smoke. I did have to pull my coat closer to me though, it was fucking cold out today.
Pol came storming out the house, ranting and raving at John about the neighbours.

Mariana's Outfit

I was surprised she was even letting Michael come along

I was surprised she was even letting Michael come along. She'd been way too over protective of him ever since he found us.
"Michael" Tommy greeted, climbing back up into the passenger seat of the van, ignoring Polly as she rambled on about what we can and can't let him do.

"Pol, Pol!... we'll keep him safe alright?" I assured her, nodding for Michael to get in the car.
"We're going in this?" He asked, looking up into the back, where Curly and Charlie were seated.

"You prefer a carriage?" Arthur teased, patting Michael on the shoulder and climbing back in, holding a hand out for me once he was up.
"Come on, it won't be that bad, we're just buying a horse" I told him.