Chapter 2

The following evening had come, I was lying on the couch in the drawing room reading a book by the fireplace. All was quiet until I heard voices coming from downstairs. I ignored it at first but then I heard the door open suddenly to the drawing room. David came running in. "Sofia! He's here!" said David. He was really excited. "Who is?" I asked. "Barnabas, he's come home! come on I want you to meet him!" he said. I smiled and laughed a little. "Alright David I'm coming." I laughed. I set my book down on the couch, got up, and followed David downstairs to the foyer. He ran ahead of me when he reached the bottom of the stairs. "Barnabas!" david called out. A man dressed in black clothes turned around and smiled. "Master David." he said. David hugged the man and the man hugged him back. He let go of David and said. "Did you miss me Master David?" he asked. David nodded. "I really did. I missed you so much!" he said. The man smiled at David. "And I missed you as well my boy." he said. David saw me coming down the stairs and called out to me. "Sofia! look who it is!" he called. I looked up and my eyes met with the man he was standing next to. The man stared at me as I approached him. He looked at me as if he had seen a ghost. I nearly blushed. "So this is Barnabas Collins." I thought to myself. He was really handsome! 6 ft tall, black hair, pale skin, brown eyes, and dressed in black clothes. It looked like he was from another era. It was very interesting. "Barnabas, this is Sofia. She's a friend of the family. shes going to be staying with us for a while." said David. "How do you do Mr.Collins?" I said while extending a hand for him to shake. "It is a pleasure to meet your acquaintance Miss Sofia." said Barnabas. He took my hand and to my surprise he kissed it. I blushed and looked away for a moment. He was such a gentleman and there was something about the way he acted that intrigued me. I couldn't explain why. I think I would get along with this man just fine. Before I could say anything I heard Carolyn call me. "Sofia! Sofia you gotta see this!" she cried excitedly. I smiled. "Alright Carolyn I'm coming." I called back. I looked at Barnabas and smiled at him. "It was nice to meet you Mr.Collins." I said before I walked away. Barnabas smiled. "Please call me Barnabas my dear." he said. I smiled. "Alright Barnabas." I said with a smile. I walked away and joined Carolyn for this thing I just had to see.

I ended up in her room to see that she had a new record. It had all of Alice Cooper's greatest hits. I could tell Carolyn was excited about it. I admit it myself I love Alice Cooper as well. I did happen to have some of his music back home in England, along with some other records as well. "Well go on, play it!" I said. Carolyn placed the vinyl on the record player and turned it on, soon enough the music started. Carolyn and I were beside ourselves with the music. I am a big Alice Cooper fan but Carolyn is the die hard fan. She has all of his music on vinyl, posters of him all over her room, and other merchandise. She even mentioned she saw him in concert in Bangor Maine. Which was not far from Collinsport. We talked about music for a while until I brought something up. "Carolyn, can I ask you something?" I asked. Carolyn nodded. "yeah sure." she said. "Why didn't you tell me about him?" I asked. "About who?" she replied. "Barnabas Collins." I said. Carolyn sighed. "I'm sorry I forgot to mention him, he's been away for so long that I nearly forgot about him." she said. I nodded to show I understood.

"He's really nice, and there's just something about him that..." I trailed off. Carolyn looked at me confused. "That what?" she asked curiously. I hesitated at first but then I shook my head. "It's nothing, I had a thought but I lost it." I said. Carolyn shrugged it off. "Oh ok." she replied. The rest of the evening we talked, every now and then changing the subject. But even as we were talking I couldn't help but think of Barnabas, and I just didn't know why.