Chapter 7

Collinwood was lit up like I had never seen before, and Cars pulled into the manor one by one. I watched from balcony as hundreds of people came inside. I was excited for this evening. I was dressed perfectly for the occasion. 

I finished putting on my jewelry when I heard a knock at the door, I giggled knowing who it was

I finished putting on my jewelry when I heard a knock at the door, I giggled knowing who it was. But before I could open it I felt a pair of arms around me. I giggled. "Hello Barnabas." I said. "You look so beautiful my love, any man would fall for you." he teased. I giggled. "Well someone already has." I teased and turned around in his arms. "And he is right...here." I said leaning in to kiss him. Which he gladly accepted. We both couldn't help but smile into the kiss. After a few minutes I pulled away and let my love lead me downstairs to the ballroom. Where we danced, I stared into his eyes as we did this. Those gorgeous brown eyes, looking at me lovingly.  Once the dance was finished. I heard a guitar riff. My eyes widened knowing who it was. I was suddenly brought to the courtyard where a stage was set up. Lestat and Riley were on stage with their band The Vampire Lestat. I kissed Barnabas as a way of saying thank you and ran to the front row where Carolyn and David were. Everyone raised their fists into the air as the two of them began to sing Slept so long. 

I was surprised that Barnabas was fine with this genre of music, I guessed that Carolyn had gotten him used to it. The entire concert was a big success and I enjoyed it very much. When the ball had ended I quickly got dressed for bed and took off my makeup. I then entered Barnabas's room where I lied in his arms. He had a concerned look on his face, this troubled me. "What's wrong Barnabas?" I asked curiously. Barnabas shook his head and sighed. "It's nothing my love." he said. I sat up and looked at him with a serious look in my eyes. "Tell me my love, I'm listening. Don't be afraid." I said. Barnabas sighed and sat up. He looked into my eyes and he began to speak. "During the concert, I encountered someone whom I'd never thought I'd see again. And now I'm afraid she will come after you.." he trailed off. "Who was it Barnabas, tell me." I said. "Angelique." he said. My eyes widened. "Angelique..the one who cursed you and the family?" I asked. Barnabas nodded. "Yes, it seems her spirit is angry...that I am now with you. Oh my dear Sofia I will not let this happen. I will not let her take you away from me. I lost a lover once, never again." he said looking away. Looking as if he was going to cry. I took his hand in mine and told him to look at me, he looked into my eyes. "I will not let Angelique do this, whatever it is I'm sure we can stop her. I mean, whatever it is she plans on doing. For now we wait, and I'm sure as hell I'll be ready for her." I said. Barnabas smiled. "There's that smile." I said. This time he laughed while blushing. I laughed as well. "Come on, it's late." I said. Barnabas nodded and pulled me into his arms. Where we both fell asleep. 

I just hoped that Angelique wouldn't do us any harm....