Warmth [Kogitsunemaru]

Another request made by OnlyMill1454
Hope you'll enjoy this!:)

The smell of freshly brewed green tea and warm udon evaded my room.

It never gets old really, waking up in this beautiful citadel located in an unknown patch of land surrounded by immortal beings. It has been a few years since I arrived here and many things have happened since then, meeting new friends and making fond memories with them.

"Nushi-sama" the delicate voice called out, forcing me to escape from my warm futon covers. That voice belonged to none other than Kogitsunemaru himself, that little yet not so little fox has recently been assigned to as my secretary, it was a monthly thing we did here, switching roles every now and then so that everybody gets an equal opportunity and are able to grow stronger together not only physically but mentally as well.

It has only been a few days and I could tell that Kogi is faring well in his new role.

"Good morning Nushi-sama...do I have to carry you like a princess again?" this was a daily phrase Kogi would repeat, knowing that as much as I am a workaholic I loved sleep from the moon and back, sometimes it would require phrases like these to wake me up, as much as I wanted to be held by him, I am saniwa first and I have to properly act like one or try to at least.

"I'm up! I'm up!" turning red from both embarrassment and annoyance I shot up from my comfy and warm futon to be greeted by the cold winter air. As much as I loved winter, the coldness did bother me from time to time, shivering a little and letting out a small sneeze I earned a slight chuckle from the little fox.

"Nushi-sama you should eat up before the food gets cold, it's your favorite, Udon, I especially requested Mitsutada to cook it knowing how much you'd prefer to sleep in I thought maybe having your favorite served for breakfast will give you the willpower to wake up" This is my Kogi for you, always thinking ahead, honestly, sometimes he reminds me of Hasebe...with less drama I guess you could say.

"You always know what to do don't you Kogi, I'll eat it well" the annoyance I felt towards him for waking me up immediately washed away replacing it with a warm fluffy feeling of gratitude.

Beside the warm bowl of food lied a stack of papers, assuming it was the reports gathered from previous battles and expeditions I took it into my hands and began reading them carefully, as the workaholic that I am once I get up no one can stop me from working myself to the core, but of course having done the same routine over and over again I knew when I was going to reach my limit and stopped myself from going any further, being a saniwa in such citadel requires much energy and I knew better than to suddenly leave my beloved swords to themselves.

"Kogi can you briefly catch me up with the happenings of yesterday's battle" Just like any other day I would have a small meeting with my secretary who today so happened to be the captain of the unit that was sent out to protect the flow of history during the Ikedaya Inn Incident yesterday.

"Thankfully there weren't any casualties that would affect the flow of history, and all came back unharmed" heaving a sigh of relief. I placed the reports down thinking back to how many injured swords came back after the first few battles when I first came in, now seeing and hearing how strong each and every one of them got filled me with such joy and determination to do better as their Saniwa.

"That's good..." before I could continue I felt a sudden wave of heat energy overcome me, it was like none other I've felt before, clutching my chest I tried to take in small breaths, Kogitsunemaru then came to my aid though he knew this was a sign that the enemies are plotting another attack this was the first time he saw his beloved Saniwa suffering so much from the energy surge. Slowly but surely the pain ceased away.