Thirteen

»»———— ★————-««

»»———— ★————-««

Almost as quick as she had arrived, Saraleigh left in a huff of frustration; her heels clacking loudly against the wooden floorboards as though spiteful of Luke's mere presence and desperate to show it.

Desmond licked his lips, an awkward expression briefly on his face as he stood by the fridge with his unopened beer in his hand. With a twist of the cap, he tossed it into the sink and tried to cut the tension with his casual tone; directing his conversation to Luke who remained standing behind Ashton's chair with his arms crossed angrily over his chest.

"She's still not quite over you leaving, you know." Desmond said and Luke scoffed.

"I left because of her!"

"I know baby girl, why don't'chu go talk to her?" Desmond gestured for Luke to follow the strange woman. "A lil' one on one."

Luke hesitated, his eyes darting toward Calum whose expression refused to offer even a hint of what he was thinking.

"Uh," Luke looked back at Ed, unsure, "I'm not really here to spend time, I just needed a place for us to hang low for a while. Wait for our friends to come catch up and all."

"Just go." Desmond insisted. "She could really use a good talk, and you know how good you always seem to do."

With a sharp inhale of breath, Luke gave a short nod, his shoulders rising and falling as he gathered himself together, and left the room; following after the woman as though he knew the layout of the house like the back of his hand.
Calum loathed every inch of that exchange, Luke wasn't the kind of man you made to do things; you didn't force him to settle scores with conversation, you handed him a gun and let him sort it out himself.
Whoever this Desmond guy was, Calum didn't fancy the man's chances of living for very much longer.

"Sorry 'bout her." Desmond spoke to the trio. "She just don't like it when our Luke finds new friends."

Michael merely snorted back a scoff in response, and both his partners knew why he had done so.
"Now that was a bad idea." He muttered, eyes briefly glancing down as he fixed the sleeve of his coat; taking a metaphorical step back and letting Calum and Ashton take the lead.

"Care to tell me who the fuck you are?" Calum quizzed, his voice rough with the anger he was straining to hold back just a little while longer.

"I already introduced myself-" Desmond's expression showed pure confusion, looking at the three men.

"No." Calum tried again, glaring the sharpest of pristine daggers Ed's way. "Care to tell me who the fuck you think you are?"

Desmond's confusion seemed to turn into faint realisation, his mouth opening to speak but being cut off as Calum spat at him again. "You call him baby girl again, and I'll slit your fucking throat."

"Well ah..." Desmond awkwardly chuckled. "I mean, I'm sorry. No hard feelings?"

"I hope you die a slow and miserable death." Michael deadpanned.

"Maybe we can cut his limbs off and let him sink to the bottom of the ocean?" Ashton coolly suggested, staring dead at the older man. "We wouldn't need to tie a rock to him..."

"You cannot be Luke's buddies." Desmond slowly shook his head in disbelief. "There is not a chance he would want such rough men."

"You don't know the Luke we do." Michael stated.

"And you don't know the Luke I do." Desmond rudely shot back and Ashton growled at there mere idea of someone trying to backtalk his Michael.

"I'm too tired to deal with some fat old cunt's shit, so back the fuck up, got it?" He spat. "You even think about speaking to Michael like that again and I'll cut your head off your goddamn shoulders!"

Michael fought the urge to coo, his heart fluttering and cheeks threatening to turn pink as Ashton sat with steam boiling from his ears in rage; defending his lover despite being awfully tired.

"Whatever he sees in you, I have no clue!" Desmond threw his hand up in the air, defeated as he stomped out of the kitchen; settling in a seat within the living room and switching the television set on.

"I don't like this." Calum quietly stated, getting up from his chair. "We don't even know who that woman is."

"Think we should check on him?" Ashton posed, standing up.

"We'd be better off grabbing him and leaving." Calum stated as he and Michael got up from the table. "We'll find somewhere else to stay tonight."

»»———— ★————-««

»»———— ★————-««

Sorry for such a short update!! I know that sucks, I'll try to upload another update later on today

~ ily guys 💕