A Very Lily Like Necklace

Lily stared at the sparkling pendant on the golden chain. The pendant was shaped as a Snow White lily and it was awfully pretty. She'd had her eye on it for months in the jewellers at Hogsmede. Hoping that it would go on sale and she would be able to get her hands on the precious beauty. Unfortunately for her, no such thing occurred and she was left sad and pendant less.

Until the morning of her last Christmas at Hogwarts. Under the common room christmas tree lay a small box wrapped in comedic Gryffindor paper. When she had opened it she was so overjoyed she was ready to tackle the giver into a big hug. Only there was no card and she had no clue who that was. She'd asked both her best friends, Alice and Hestia. But they had claimed to not be the giver. Alice admitting she hadn't thought of it and Hestia apologising that her budget was too tight. "What about Potter?" Hestia asked while wiggling her eyebrows. "He's head over heels for you." Lily had shot the idea down. James hadn't asked her out once this year after maturing over the break. He was 100% over her.

Lily swiftly clasped the golden chain around her neck and tucked it under her robes, close to her heart and set off to the Gryffindor common room to find her friends.

As she was walking she took out the pendant and fiddled with it with her fingers, thinking about a certain dark hair boy. When suddenly she felt a solid mass clash into her body and she fell straight to the ground "Ouch" she muttered, head down.
"Merlin, sorry Lily, I wasn't watching where I was going," Said a deep voice that had harassed her for years.

"Maybe you should start." She muttered, glancing up to the figure. James cocked his head and smirked. "You do look rather funny from this angle." He joked, offering her a hand. She took it and although she would never admit it, small tingles ran up her spine at the small contact. She lingered her hand a second too long before pulling away.

"Yep," She thought. "That's about as bold as I can get." They stood there for a few seconds in awkward silence. Last year James would've said something stupid and Lily would've hit him and called him 'insufferable.' Or some big, insulting word but that had all changed.

James had stopped acting like such an idiot. He'd taken on the responsibility of Head Boy and had stop being quite so Blandly rude. Unfortunately for Lily just when James had started to get better he seemed to have lost all interest in her whatsoever. Which sucked because she'd just started to notice how cute he looked when he was up to something and how the way his hair stuck up actually suited him and how... Well I suppose you get it.

James shifted his weight when his eyes caught the necklace hanging around her neck now untucked from underneath her robes. His eyes widened a little but didn't really show any sly recognition that Lily had hoped for.
"Who gave that to you?" He asked pointing to the necklace.
"I don't know, I got it for Christmas without a tag saying who it was from." She replied.
"How was in wrapped?" He asked. Weird question.
"With Gryffindor paper?" Lily replied confused.

"Oh god look at the time." James said glancing at his watch. "Got to go." and with that he ran off leaving Lily alone. 'Boys' she thought to herself.

James sprinted through the castle walls desperate to find Sirius. That was his necklace! He'd bought it for Lily last month but didn't have the courage to give it to her and now she had it. Received it In Gryffindor printed paper. The same paper he recieved his broom repare kit in. The broom repair gift from Sirius. Which could only mean one thing.

After her strange encounter with James, Lily finally managed to get to the common room only to find it strangely deserted. There was a few young ones strayed over the couches but besides from that none of the chairs were occupied. Lily took the advantage to go to the library to finish her Potions Essay. Seeing her friends were no where to be seen. She plopped herself into the corner of the room, blocked from sight by a large ebony bookshelf.

"Sirius, out of all places, why do I find you in the library?" A familiar voice hissed. James. Lily leaned closer to the voices.
"I was hoping to avoid you when you found out so your wrath could settle?" Sirius questioned sort of nervously. Lily could nearly hear James glare. She felt bad snooping but I t wasn't her fault if she accidently heard... What was she saying? This time last year if any of the Marauders were heard making a racket in the library she would've been quite Inraged. Now she was listening to their converstation?

"Why did you give her the necklace?" James asked exasperated. "Sure I bought it for her but I never actually intended to give it to her!"
"It's obvious you still like her and honestly Prongs, I think she just may like you too." They were talking about her! Lily's cheek turned rosy pink. She did not like James Potter... much? But James had thought of her and wanted to give her the necklace! James liked her. Butterflies filled in her stomach and she was beaming. Giving her the necklace was a much more mature move than the previous years attempt.
"She'll hate my guts if she finds out! And I think she's said enough times how much she does not like me." He whispered the last part. Lily could basically hear the hurt dripping from his voice.

She never meant to hurt him like that! He was just so annoying and immature and ughhhh. She slammed her head Into her open book with a loud thump. There was a hilt in the conversation. Oops. Time to get out of here. Lily grabbed her Potions book and ducked behind the small gap behind the bookshelf. Breath in Breath out. Why was she hiding from him anyway? It wasn't her fault if she overheard the conversation.

"Hello?" Sirius's voice rang out. 'Too late now.' Thought lily.
She counted to one hundred before she cautiously slides out of her hiding place. After checking the library was all clear she basically skipped all the way to the common room thinking about Potter.

She rushed into the room eager tell her friends what she had heard. When she sees a tall black hair boy standing near the fire place with his back towards her. Her heart sung when she saw him and without thinking she ran up to him and tackled him in a hug just like she had wanted to do when she first received the lily necklace a few days ago.

Narrowly missing the fireplace they landed in a large red arm chair. "Wha...? Lily?" James asked with a startled look on his face.
"Thank you, thank you, thank you." Lily whispered while squeezing him tight.
"For what?" James laughed nervously.
"I think you know." She replied back. Their faces were now inches apart after lily had withdrew from the hug still on top of James.
"So you liked it then?" James asked, the taunting glint back in his eye.
"Loved it." lily replied untangling herself from James. Potter was slowly was regaining his ego. "I thought you were over me." Lily replied softly. "I'm sorry for turning you down so many times. You were just so annoying and immature and -" James's laugh rung out.
"I get it." He interrupted. "But I don't think I could ever get over you. And if your sorry for turning me down..." He grinned mischievously. "Does that mean you'll go to Hogsmede with me?" He asked hopefully.

"You know Potter. I think I just might."

{and yes I know this one is not the best. But please comment what you think!}