Chapter 1: Friendship and Betrayal

Knock, knock, knock. Someone's paw was pounding the door. Pearl went to open it. Outside stood Shade the Absol, the newest champion of Sunny Town.
"Hello, do you need anything?" Pearl asked politely.
"Speed the Jolteon.Where is he?" Shade barked in an agry, intimidating voice.
"H-He's upstairs. I'll g-go get him.." Pearl stammered, a bit nervous. "Come in if you want to.."
Pearl ran upstairs to get Speed.
"Speed, wake up. Now!" Pearl ordered the still sleeping Jolteon.
"S-Sorry, Sweetie.. Don't be sad.." He said whilst sleeping.
"Shade's the fifth champion and he's waiting downstairs for you. Better hurry up before he chops Sunshine's head off!" Pearl told him.
"Ah-- What-- Eh?!" Speed squealed, bolting out of bed.
"Shade the Absol is the 5th champion, he's waiting for you downstairs. Get a move on before he kills us!" Pearl said firmly.
"O-Ok..?" Speed mumbled, heading downstairs, Pearl trailing behind him. Unfortunately for him, one of Lazuli's books was on the stairs, and he tripped, tumbling down the stairs and into the wall. "O-Ow..."
"Klutz." Shade muttered. "Hurry up."
"You need to eat a Snickers!" Kris told him fearlessly.
"I don't eat Snickers." Shade told her. "I eat protein bars."
"Well, you need to eat Snickers to fix your bad attitude!" Kris said, roasting him.
(Sky: Yes I let Kris have that line. Why? SHADE NEEDS TO EAT A SNICKERS! And she gets to roast him because he deserves it and it's funny)
"Oi, what are you doing?! Making a metal suit? You don't require much to leave a house!" Shade barked at Speed, who was in the kitchen quickly making pancakes.
"Stop eating sour foods so you aren't as sour!" Speed shouted back.
"I'll gladly inform you that I only eat healthy foods." Shade said.
"Maybe lemons!" Kris commented.
"Shut up, fish." Shade muttered.
"That's not in my vocabulary!" Kris screamed, excited.
"Ugh, please hurrythe heck up electric fox, this fish is so annoying, even more annoying than you are.." Shade begged.

Speed came out of the kitchen with pancakes.
"So that's what you were so busy making," Shade moaned.
"Kris, catch!" Speed told his sister, throwing her two pancakes.
"Yay! Yummy!" Kris cheered, smothering it in chocolate.
"You too. You have such a bad attitude you need them to cheer you up!" Speed said, smiling whilst passing him two pancakes.
"What about me?" pearl said.
"There you go," Speed said, handing her two pancakes.
"What about you, idiot?" Shade said.
"I'm not hungry?" Speed lied.
"Whatever. You have anything else?" Shade asked.
"I need to go to the shop, actually. We need more ingredients," Speed admitted.
"Why don't you two go to the shop then?" Pearl suggested.
"I'd rather go myself," Speed said.
"Don't kid yourself, you wouldn't be able to reach half of the things," Shade told him.
"Hey! I can!" Speed argued.
"Prove it," Shade said.
"Sure-- Wait you aren't going with me!" Speed said.
"Yes I am. Come on, shortie. Hurry up," Shade muttered, grabbing Speed and dragging him outside.
"I'll be back from the dead later!" Speed shouted before Shade slammed the door shut.
"Will.. They.. Be alright?" Pearl mumbled to herself.

"Hey, shortie," Shade said.
"I'm not short, and I'm definitely not called shortie. My name is Speed." Speed muttered.
"Whatever. So, what do we need to get?" Shade pondered.
"Food, dummy," Speed said, annoyed. "Stop dragging me, I can walk!"
"Not without falling over you can't." Shade teased. "Shortie!"
"Shut up, long legs!" Speed argued.
They quickly arrived at the shop. Shade dragged Speed inside.

"Ok, so think: What do we need to get first?" Shade asked.
"Berries, fruits, vegetables. If you let me go I can get them," Speed complained.
"Fine, shortie. But no running away from me," Shade agreed reluctantly.
"Fine.." Speed murmured.
They went over to the Fruits, Vegetables and Berries sections, grabbing multiple types of berries (e.g Oran Berry, Sitrus Berry, Petra Berry), fruits (e.g apples, pears, bananas) and vegetables (e.g peas, carrots, mushrooms).
"What's next?" Shade asked.
"Cupcake ingredients." Speed said. "Can you just.. Leave please? It's easier if I do it alone,"
"No. You wouldn't be able to reach anything. So I'll follow you," Shade offered.
"Ok.. Creep.." Speed muttered.