Told Me

Chicago, Illinois
November 16,2008
3:25 pm
Maxwell Elementary/  Junior High

"Where you going girl" one of the boys say

Jordan a 7 year old boy was being chased down by the boys from his school. Jordan wasn't like the other boys with their short hair and pierced ears with all white Air Force 1's. Jordan had long curly hair and wore the same Walmart shoes everyday. They called him a girl because of his hair he wanted to cut it all off but his mom wouldn't let him. "We don't even have the money to keep food in the refrigerator and you want a damn hair cut" she would tell him.

They chased him to a old apartment complex. One that had abandoned,forgotten about. It was all boarded up but he ran into one of the apartments and locked the door. He was breathing heavy and could hear the boys banging on the door. He slid down the wall and put his knees to his chest with his hands over his ears. All of a sudden the banging stopped. Jordan looked out one of the windows to see if the boys were gone and seen a man he told Jordan to open the door so he did.

"What you doing in here lil man" the man asked him but Jordan didn't speak he just stared at him. "So you can't speak huh"

"I can"

"Oh okay them boys chase you here"

"Yes sir"

"You gone make me feel old calling me sir my name Jonathan but people call me JT what's yo name lil man"

"Jordan"

"Come on Jordan let me take you home"

"I- Uh"

"What's wrong" JT looked at him and heard Jordan's stomach growl "you hungry let's get you something to eat first how bout some good old chicken Mmph"

4:18 pm

JT pulled up to the best chicken spot he knew Sandras Soul Food. They both got out the car and entered the building.

"Hey JT what you doing her boy" Ms. Sandra said coming out the back

"You know me I came to get something to eat me and my new friend"

"Who's this lil cutie" Ms.Sandra asked pinching Jordan's cheek

"I'm Jordan" he said looking up at the women

"This yo baby boy" she placed her hands on her hips

"No ma'am" JT responded

"Oh well Keisha baby get off to ass and take they order hell"

"I got something for you later on Ms. Sandra I'll come by later and give it to you I think it'll help you a lot"

"Ew y'all nasty" said Keisha getting up and going to the register

"Mind yo damn business girl it ain't even like that he to young for me" Ms.Sandra walked to the back 

JT laughed and said " anyway let me get a 3 piece combo with two thighs with some Mac and cheese and a biscuit"

"What kinda drink you want" Keisha popped her gum

"Let me get a coke cola what you want lil man" JT looked down at Jordan

"Umm can I get some chicken and waffles" he looked up at JT

"What kind of drink you want"

"Is a fruit punch okay"

"Yeah get what you want"

"Umm Mr.JT can I ask you a question in your ear"

"Yeah" JT kneeled down to his size