Chapter 1: He hates me...

Disclaimer: The following contains romance between two males, if you are opposed to it then read no further.

Please note....the supernatural creatures in my stories ( whether they're werewolves, vamps etc) are not the traditional creatures you've all read about so expect a few differences from the traditional creatures of hollywood... Writers are free to use their imagination and that's what i did.

.........BaCkGrOuNd.......

It's a time where werewolves and humans coexist but humans know nothing of their existence. Laken and his family are werewolves in a wolfpack. All wolfpacks are named after their Alpha so when an Alpha dies, the name dies with him. Laken lives in the wolfcamp with his family and the rest of the pack.The camp is situated far from any town, however the camp looks like a normal neighbourhood so that if any human was to stumble across it they wouldn't think twice about it. He goes to school just like a normal human would and all the other werewolves in the pack live normal lives in human society, the only time they are able to truly be themselves is in the wolfcamp. Homosexuality is prohibited in all wolf packs because it is expected that each member should one day find a mate and procreate so that the packs can grow, thereby becoming stronger. This brief bit is just to clear up any misunderstandings you may have. These aren't your traditional werewolves.

CHAPTER ONE

I had deliberately chosen to stand at the back, far behind the rest of the pack as we gathered for the meeting, but somehow his eyes still managed find me, they bore into mine from where he stood on the platform, a blush crept up my cheeks and I shifted uncomfortably, from foot to foot. It had been a month since Jonah's death and his only son had been sworn in yesterday as the pack's new Alpha.

This was his first official task as the new Alpha and just as his father before him,Carson executed it well. No one had doubted him...he was born to lead and he had proved his capabilities long before his father's untimely demise. I broke eye contact with him and looked at the ground. You'd think I would be used to his stares by now; he'd been giving me those looks for as long as I could remember but these past few weeks they had seemed to grow more intense for some reason and that scared me.

Some of the other pack members had noticed as well, the guys constantly teased me about it, they thought the new alpha hated me and I had to admit, I thought so too.It was no secret that I was the runt of the pack, yes there were wolves younger than me but I was small for my age and I was bullied for it by the others.

Maybe he thought I was a disgrace to the pack because I couldn't keep up with everyone else. I tried, I really did but I just couldn't match up. My parents said I shouldn't push myself so hard, that I would get better with time, but they didn't understand.They had no idea how I felt every time we went out to hunt, I was always the last one to get to the hunting ground and I never caught a thing, unless you counted that rabbit I caught once-I didn't.

I was sixteen! I should be bringing home deer not a puny ass rabbit. They also didn't know how it felt to be scared all the time, I was bullied constantly by the guys my age, beaten, ridiculed and teased for my size and my ineptitude. My parents didn't know of course, I would never tell them.They thought my bruises came from playing soccer at school and I hoped they never found out that I didn't play soccer, I didnt play anything I mean look at me did it look like I was equipped to do sports?!

I was no coward mind you, I always tried to fight back despite my fear...tried being the operative word here.

Things weren't all bad though, I had friends at school and the pack wasn't so terrible either, I got along with most of the members and at least for all the years I had known him Carson had never bullied me, something I was thankful for considering his size... he was two years my senior but he had the body of a full grown man.