Extra Chapter (Nezuko) : Stormy Night

Being able to have more strength than an average young woman could have and meet new friends can get Nezuko excited at certain times, but not when she's the only female in the group.

Upon meeting you for the first time, she knew that you and her could become good friends. Unfortunately, after she realized that you were gone and left the cottage without saying any goodbyes really broke her heart. Nezuko was upset during the times when you were absent from her sight, but the demon girl was still happy to protect and help her beloved older brother at all times. Either way, she would always wish to see the moment when she gets out of the box to stretch out her arms from exhaustion, she'll meet with your gaze once more.

And that wish suddenly came true.

You didn't know that Nezuko cherished the very moment when she laid her eyes on your figure again. Because the girl was hypnotized by Urokodaki, there was an illusion her sibling showing in front of your face. This fact led Nezuko to conclude that you're younger than her and made the girl wanted to protect you just like what an older sister would do.

But at certain times, it was such a rare occasion when the illusion showed the face of her mother. Whenever that happened, Nezuko was the one who felt the need of interaction with you.

---

"Nezuko-chan~ Isn't this flower beautiful?"

Zenitsu asked while he bent down his body to observe the blooming flower on the ground. Nezuko followed his gaze to the tiny flower, which made her face light up in excitement. The demon girl didn't knew such a flower could grow inside of the wisteria household's garden so beautifully.

Upon turning around, Nezuko looked at you from the distance and decided to hum something underneath the bamboo muzzle she has. Unfortunately, your attention was currently focused to the book you're reading.

The girl frowned. Ever since you knew that Hisa has a few books regarding plants and pharmaceutical knowledge, you haven't been spending much time with her. The last time you two interact, Nezuko was calling for you because her brother needed your help with something. This minimum interaction with you really made Nezuko upset.

"Ah anyway, Nezuko-chan! I need to get inside because I think there will be a check up later.. I'm sorry!"

The said girl turn towards the owner of the voice, and quickly nodded in response. Zenitsu then went inside the household without saying anything more, which was quite a surprise to her.

Nezuko turn around once again and paused for a second before deciding to walk towards your figure who's still busy reading the book. She looked at your facial expression, noticing how focused you are with advancing your knowledge about the stuff she couldn't understand.

Because her movements were a bit quite, you didn't notice that she decided to sit right beside you. Her action with tapping your shoulder lightly made you flinched.

You close your book and look up to your side, meeting with her curious wide eyes, "Ah sorry, Nezuko-san. I didn't notice you for a second there."

She didn't answer immediately. Although you expected her to try to muffle something under the muzzle, Nezuko reached out for one of your hands instead. You widened your eyes slightly when the demon girl decided to hold your hand and brought it up to on top of her head.

"..Do you need a head pat?"

Seeing that Nezuko tried to give you a cue, you blinked a few times.

"Mhmm..!" Was only what she said excitedly. Her voice followed by her signature close-eyed smile that somehow radiates under the porch's light. With her childish behavior asking to get a head pat made you smile a little.