1. Madness - Take me there

"Mr. Qin, I really love you!!!" a woman's voice echoed in the dimly lit, cold concrete underground garage, startling Abigail that her phone almost fell from her hand.

She was just on her way towards her parked car but who would have thought that she would witness a confession in this dark, cold place?

"What did you say?" Abigail heard a cold, husky and deep voice and she flinched even though she was not the one the man was talking to. Perhaps, she reacted like that because the man sounded so damn intimidating. His tone even seemed heartlessly cold. What seemed like a romantic confession, sounded more like a misunderstanding!

"I said I love you," Abigail heard the woman's voice again, "I love you so much! I already fell for you the first time I saw you." The woman sounded very emotional.

Abigail held her breath waiting for his response, but only silence followed. She wanted to peek but she thought it was not the right thing to do. She waited until finally, she heard the man's reply.

"Is that all?" was all he responded causing Abigail to gasp in disbelief.

'Wah... he's so cruel.'

"W-what?" the woman sounded like she was utterly shocked.

"Tell me, what do you want?"

"I... I've been in love with you since the beginning. I've been your girl for two months now but you have never said anything about how you feel about me. Mr. Qin, I... all I want is... I just want you to love me back."

Abigail could tell from the voice of the lady that she was at the verge of breaking down, and yet, the man's voice didn't soften even a little bit after hearing her. Instead, he sounded even more menacing as he responded to her.

"We're done," he said nonchalantly without a care in the world. There was simply no trace of warmth in his voice at all.

"W-w-what?"

"I won't repeat myself."

"W-why? Mr. Qin, what a-are you saying? This is not... The contract I signed clearly stated that I would be your girl for three months! It's only been two months, but now you're saying we're over? What do you mean by -"

"Miss Song... didn't you properly read the contract?" the man's tone became even colder, almost harsh. "Cheng, come over and read the condition she didn't read."

Abigail was shocked to her bones hearing their shocking conversation, "A contract? Oh goodness, what are they saying?"

She could tell that the situation was getting worse so she really wanted to leave now but if she moved now, they would see her. Without a choice, she could only stay hidden and listen even if she didn't want to.

"Miss Song, here is one of the two conditions from that contract you signed." Another man started talking. "The contracted girlfriend can demand anything except for one thing; love or affection. Once the contracted girlfriend demands to be loved in return, the contract will automatically become null and void."

Abi was so shocked she couldn't stop herself from taking a peek at them. She just couldn't believe what was happening. She couldn't believe that something so outrageous as this was happening in real life. This was absolute madness to someone like her.

When she saw the girl, her hands flew to her own mouth. 'Isn't that Ina Song? The famous actress?!'

She couldn't believe her eyes. Why would a beautiful woman like her beg for a man's love? More importantly, their relationship was contractual?! This beautiful diva, Ina Song, was some ruthless man's contracted girlfriend?!! The entertainment world would be shaken if they found out about this!!!
Abigail's widened eyes then shifted to the man but she couldn't see his face because he had his back to her.