CH 3

Ch 3

‘Curiosity is the Lust of the mind’ – Thomas Hobbes

XOXOXO

Sasuke hissed in pain as Amisa tried to undo the curse on his left chest. She realized that Sasuke was in pain, she stopped the treatment. “It’s different from the others that I’ve seen” muttered Amisa as she ran her fingers along the curse mark. “This could take some time…” she continued to mutter. Suddenly Sasuke grabbed her wrist, stopping her from continuing. Amisa gasped in shock. “We’re stopping here…” said Sasuke as he slid into his robe again. Amisa shook her head; she tugged onto the guy’s arm. “No, you can’t!” she said. Sasuke was slightly annoyed, but as she insisted, he let her be.

Again, Sasuke was sitting in front of Amisa, letting her continue. “You’re giving up too soon. Just sit back and relax…” said Amisa as she tried a different type of magic. Sasuke stared at the lady in front of him. Realizing that the guy was looking at her, Amisa tilted her head to meet his eyes. Sasuke quickly tore away, making Amisa chuckle. “Care to share a story with me?” said Amisa suddenly, trying to make a conversation. Sasuke shifted his gaze back to her. “What story?” he asked. “Story of how this happened… how you got this curse” she said with her eyes pleading at him.

Sasuke thought silently, and then he looked down to the curse mark. It was now glowing in response to Amisa’s magic. “People often get the curse from hatred or jealousy. Sometimes love also make people curse you…” said Amisa. Sasuke shifted his gaze towards the lady. “Human are scary being. Always wanted to destroy the thing they hated. And love—” Amisa stopped the treatment, she looked at Sasuke. “So, which one is it?” she asked. Sasuke returned her with a deep frown. “Power” he simply said. Amisa’s eyebrow rose in curiosity. “Power?” she asked, tilting her head slightly. Sasuke inhaled deeply as his mind recalled old memories; a painful one.

“I don’t want to talk about it…” said Sasuke. Immediately, Amisa pouted in disappointment. “Just tell me…” she stated, with eyes full of curiosity. Sasuke sighed loudly, turning away from the lady. “It means a lot… to me. And I don’t want to talk about it” he said, gnashing his teeth in irritation. Amisa kept silent. “I guess… you just don’t have the heart anymore” she said and that made Sasuke wonder. He waited for her to continue. “Here…” Amisa placed her palm on Sasuke’s left chest. “…is it empty?” she asked, looking at Sasuke with eyes filled with emotion. Somehow Sasuke felt restless, he tugged her wrist away.

“My past is nothing to you…” said Sasuke and kept silent for a moment. “Just lift the curse” he said. He tried to make a clear line between him and Amisa. Not to let her digging into his personal matter any further. “Fine, I guess you don’t have a heart anymore” she said, bitterly. Sasuke somehow felt that his heart was beating fast at the rush of emotions he had.

XOXOX

It was getting dark and Amisa had just woken up from her nap. She had a hard time guessing whether it was day or night outside from spending too much time in the cave. “Hmm… I’m hungry…” she muttered to herself as she made her way to the cave’s entrance. Amisa inhaled deeply as she looked afar to the horizon, admiring the golden hue of the sunset behind the mountains.

“I wonder where he is” she thought as she made her way back to the cave. Amisa thought of taking a dip in the pond to wash up. Slowly, she removed her robe, exposing inch by inch of her skin. Then she was completely naked, with the robe dropped on the floor. She made her way to the water, immersing her feet. Deeper and deeper she went, immersing her body.

Silently, she bathed herself, enjoying the splash of cold water on her skin. Until, she turned around and realized that she was not alone. Sasuke was standing by the pond silently, staring at her. “You… scared me…” she said, looking at the guy that was calmly looking at her. Seeing that the guy was a little bit of confused and shocked, Amisa smiled at him. “I don’t mind if you wanna join me” she said.