Part 2

InterActive Multi-Media Auction Corp. 

provides tips for safety online and ofline shopping.

Some who are not doing research before doing online payment, gets this bad experience.

For example, scammers may sell a product

– often at a very cheap price

– just so they can steal your payment card or personal information.

They may also take your money and send you a worthless item, non-branded ones, or sometimes, nothing at all. We should note that nothing is free or fully discounted in this world.What is on-line auction fraud?

On-line auction sites exist already when the internet started decades ago.  These are virtual flea markets that present new or used items for sale that you can bid on via world wide web. On-line auction scams include such frauds as the misrepresentation of an item, non-delivery of goods, below quality of materials and services, as well as non-payment for goods delivered.On-line auctions can be rigged by scammers. These type of people are everywhere.  

If you are selling a property or a product, the scammer can enter a low bid followed by a very high bid under another name. Just before the auction closes, the scammer withdraws the high bid and the low bid wins. If you are buying a product, the scammer can boost the price using dummy bidders.

Important information

Most on-line auction websites have an on-line learning guide and security tips on proper on-line payment methods and precautions. These payment methods are very secure and may minimize the risk of fraud while offering purchase protection. Then again check using top internet search engines to check positive or negative feed back of the auction site.

The sellers are the focus of most Internet auction fraud complaints. Be very careful.Warning of different kind of payment style – If you buy or sell on-line, you should also be aware of cheque overpayment scams. In this type of scam, you are sent a cheque for something you have sold, but the cheque is made out for more than the agreed amount. The scammer hopes you will refund the extra money before noticing that his cheque has bounced. Report itIf you are a victim of on-line shopping fraud:

Step 1— Contact the nearest police service of jurisdiction in your area.

Step 2— Report the fraud to the designated Anti-Fraud Centre in your area or check the website for more information.

Step 3— You should also report the crime to the on-line shopping website you dealt with and the credit card company you used should payment has been initiated. 

Stop it.  

Deal with companies or individuals that you know by reputation or experience by asking friends in the same are of the Auction Location. 

If you are not familiar with the company, do some research, few minutes on-line will make us feel safe and save money. Reputable on-line merchants will post plenty of information about themselves, their location, their phone and fax numbers and details like their membership in organizations so incomplete business contacts is a NO-NO.Look for a privacy policy. 

Be sure you are comfortable with how the company collects, protects and uses your personal information before you submit any details, spend a little bit time reading the web site tabs-details. Responsible marketers have an opt-out policy, which allows you to choose whether your information is shared with third parties.Do not be lured into using payment methods other than the options recommended by the Internet auction site, stick to it. Do not pay by sending cash, money transfers or money orders.Be wary of phishing e-mails that ask for personal or financial information.  Keep providing limited data as much as possible.Consider using a company that provides an escrow service (reliable third-party). 

Escrow agents will hold the buyer’s payment until they have received notification that the goods or services have been delivered. The escrow service then delivers the payment to the seller or provider. Research the credibility of the escrow service approved by the on-line auction service provider. Beware of criminals who create fraudulent escrow sites by mimicking legitimate sites or creating entirely fictitious sites to get money from trusting victims. Basically notice the prefix of the URLS, one would know if it is a scam url / website link.

Shop only from your home computer. It’s much safer than shopping at a terminal in an internet café or library. With this, your wifi signal is limited in your home. If you plan to buy something, go directly to a store’s website by manually typing its address into your web browser. Don’t click on links in an e-mail message even if you know who sent it. With clicking, sometimes there are internal links beyond our eyes to see, these are called back door links, sending our information to the world / scammers. Familiarize your self with internet icons. 

Verify secure connections. When shopping on-line, do not enter any financial information on a site if you see a broken key or an open padlock symbol in your Internet browser. This means the transaction is not secure and could be intercepted by a third party. When the key is complete or the padlock is locked, your browser is indicating a secure transaction.

Consider using a credit card with a low credit limit or a single use payment card. This is highly recommended to make sure invalid transactions beyond the maximum amount allowed will immediately give the card owner a safety net.Monitor your bank and credit card statements on-line. Enroll in on-line SMS text containing transaction recently purchased via your credit card. Electronic statements allow you to review your purchases and payments as they happen rather than waiting until the end of the month to review your paper statement.Never give out your government IDs such as social insurance number, date of birth or driver’s license number to a seller.

Before you bid, learn as much as you can about how the on-line auction works, your obligations as a buyer, and the seller’s obligations.Always remember, if an offer sounds suspicious or too good to be true, it probably is. As much as possible, ask around – ask the net for legibility of the auction website to be safe.

Check out the website link for more information - http://interactivemultimediaauctioncorp.com/