i. Moving Day

Babe's POV
New place, new house, new friends. Everything is new now to me. Sorry. Where are my manners? Hi! My name's Babe Smalls. Yeah that's my real name and I always have a little trouble because of it. For example people near my age, mostly boys, say I live up to that name since I'm apparently a babe. Anyways me and my family just moved to a new house all the way across the country. I used to live in Georgia and now we have moved to a new house in California. Yeah so for now I have to go help Scotty, my twin brother, with moving some things into our house. Peace. 
No POV    
8 boys from the ages of 10-14 walked down the street to their houses from school. The boys had just won a game of baseball played at school. Mostly because of the oldest boy, and leader, of the group had tricked the catcher and 3rd baseman by using missed direction. But if he was asked he would say everyone on the team to their winning. As the group got further along they all separate to go to their own homes. All until the leader and redhead was left last. 
"We will start tomorrow at 9:00, ok Ham?" The leader has told the redhead who was named Ham.
"I know, I know." Ham had told his friend saying bye getting a 'See ya at 9:00' as a response. The redhead went into a house which had belonged to him and his family. The leader continued to walk down the sidewalk to his house when he took fully noticed of the moving van. He noticed a boy with blonde hair and green-blue eyes. He looked to be a year or 2 younger than him. Apparently the boy took noticed of him since he waved excitedly at him. He seems like a perky kid, but also a nice one, the leader thought of the kid. He nodded at the boy. He noticed a girl next to the boy who made him stop walking. He took in her appearance, she didn't dress like normal girls who usually start giggling and twirling their hair when they saw him. She's beautiful, no wait not beautiful. She's flipping gorgeous. He thought to himself.  Unlike the boy, she had brown hair with blonde highlights, brown puppy dog eyes, and tan skin. The girl finally made contact with him nearly causing him to drool because of how breathtaking she was and for her to drool because of how attractive he is.  He's/She's handsome/beautiful, they both thought but mentally shook that out of their heads. The girl nodded at the boy basically saying what's up. He smiled at her and nodded back having a blush on his check. He turned back to walking to his house with having the new girl on his mind. He entered his house looking at the girl for the second time. Back outside the blonde boy dropped his head sighing. He already barely had any friends at his old house and now he has to start from full scratch.
The girl walked over to him throwing his arm over the boy while leaning on the boy who was an inch taller than her, "Don't worry, Scott. You'll make some friends here. I know it and plus no matter what you will always have me." The boy called Scott looked at the girl,
"I know but it will be hard, Babe." The girl, Babe, just gave the boy a squeeze.
"Hey if it makes anything better we can call Kenzie tonight." Babe said a sing-along voice. Kenzie was her best friend who her brother had a crush on. He never told the girl he likes her in fear of rejection. Little did he know that Kenzie felt the same way for her best friend's brother.
He blushed at his sister, "Leave me alone about that. I knew I shouldn't have said anything to you about that." The girl laughed at her brother as he got away to take something in the house. She looked at the house the boy from earlier went into only to meet the same hazel eyes. She blushed and quickly looked away. She picked up a box and walked to the front door.
"Why do I feel like some stuff is going to happen with that cute boy?" She whispered to herself not knowing the boy had said something similar about her. Little did either of them know that this would be a summer they could never forget.