White Christmas

Cool. See ya. I barked to Wolf, before flying off back home. When I leapt up to my window, Jack looked up with shock.

"What happened?" he asked. Then I remembered my hair with a pang of dislike. It had snowed that night and Wolf laughed at me when I turned up with blond hair. Wolfgang's had lightened too, but not as drastically as mine.

"Ugh...I don't know." I told Jack, moving quickly to the bathroom to check the mirror. He moved in unison and joined me.

"You didn't bleach it?"

"No, I just woke up like this." I frowned.

"That is sooo weird." He told me with a laugh.

"It's no laughing matter." I uttered with worry soaking my voice as I sunk against the cabinet away from the mirror. "I look awful!" I felt tears coming, and my hands gripped the air as if I was in agony. I felt tears of stress fall down my face and took a deep haggard breath to steady myself. I knew it wasn't a big deal, but it looked horrible and I felt weak and unable to deal with it for some reason.

"It's not that bad, Baby." He comforted me, bending down to my level. "We can dye it back if you want." He said with a kiss. "It doesn't bother me. I don't care what color your hair is, but I think your mom's going to have some questions."

"Can we dye it now?" I asked wiping my face.

"Yeah, sure." He said, helping me up and then putting on his shoes and his sweatshirt. I followed and slipped on my shoes and one of the sweatshirts he left in my room. He checked his pocket for his wallet before jumping down and following me around the building to the road. We went to the drugstore that was located in the strip mall near the movie rental place. The artificial lights gave me a headache as we entered and we trotted to the hair section with the rows of different colors and the blocks of different brands. I found the black I always used and as we stood, waiting for the cashier, who kept staring at me, I saw another person in the hair aisle with bleach blond hair. Jack felt him too. He had loads of chakra and he had a distinct smell that smelled sort of like blood. His long hair was just as blond as mine and he had picked out the same black hair dye. When the cashier was almost finished, he paused to stare at him as he walked up behind us. I felt Jack's energy surge and could tell mine had done the same because of the burning sensation that was equally distributed on the surface of my skin. I felt like his presence was shooting lightning through my back and I couldn't help turning around to look at him. He gave me a friendly grin and uncanny laugh. Jack didn't turn around and I saw his jaw clench. He wasn't breathing either and the lights were flickering above us like the whole place was overflowing with energy.

The cashier spent a long moment staring at all three of us and Jack snatched the box of dye out of his hand before he could bag it.

"Who the hell is that guy?" I asked in frustration and apprehension when we had gotten back to my room. I felt like he had followed us and that he was going to kill me for some reason. I paced, resisting the terrible strong urge to phase and howl for help.

"His name is Romulus." He said darkly. "He was supposedly the first Lycan and probably the most dangerous. He's been going around turning a ton of people. This city is one of the more populated ones, so there's naturally a larger demon population. There's talk that one of the demons here is going to kill him so he's probably here looking for them and making more that are loyal to him that'll hunt his killer down." He explained.

"That's so creepy. How does he know that someone's going to kill him?" I asked as Jack opened the dye and put on the gloves. I had changed my shirt to one I didn't care about and sat on the floor next to his legs, as he stood at the bathroom counter and mixed the dye.