Bad Little Boy

"What a wad," Marshall Lee said as he floated on his back. 

"Uh… um… a gum wad?" Fionna asked with a slight blush. 

Cake gasped. "Fionna," she said in a hushed tone. 

Marshall Lee laughed. "Let's ditch him," he said as he accompanied it with a few strums from his battle axe. 

"LSP is having a party in the woods."

"We can't ditch him," Fionna said, "but we can still go to the party?" She shrugged. 

----

"Oh glob!" Gumball exclaimed as he held on tighter to Fionna. "This is not safe!"

Marshall Lee was flying them over in his bat form and Gumball was not enjoying it. He did not trust Marshall Lee. 

Marshall Lee landed and changed back into his normal form. "Don't be a wuss, Bubba." Marshall Lee lightly punched his arm. 

Gumball had yet to let go of Fionna. His eyes were wide and his feet weren't even on the ground. 

Cake came out from under Fionna's hat. She stretched her hand and waved it in front of his face. "I think he's broken."

"Gumball, we're here," Fionna said in a weak attempt to bring him back to reality. 

"Marshall Lee's here!" Lumpy Space Prince suddenly announced. His loud voice seemed to snap Gumball out of his trance. 

Gumball fell to the ground. He rubbed his head. "Oh glob, when did I get here?"

Marshall Lee grabbed Fionna's hand and pulled her onto the stage with him. "Follow my lead."

Gumball sat up as he watched the two perform a silly dance and song. 

"Good little girl, always picking a fight with me

You know that I'm bad, but you're spending the night with me

What do you want from my world?
You're a good little girl."

Marshall took Fionna's hand and started to dance with her. Spinning once in a while.

Gumball scoffed from the crowd as he crossed his arms. "How distasteful," he said to himself."

"Bad little boy~
That's what you're acting like I really don't buy
That you're that kind of guy, and if you are
Why do you want to hang out with me?"

Marshall dipped her down. They're faces were close. Too close. 

Gumball rolled his eyes. "Ugh." 

He turned away with a huff and walked off. 

Marshall Lee looked up to see Gumball stomp off. He dropped Fionna. 

Fionna sat up and rubbed her head. "What the glob, man? You dropped me, man!"

"Yeah, whatever," Marshall Lee said with the sway of his hands. He didn't listen to whatever she had said. 

Marshall Lee floated off in the same direction as Gumball. 

Cake stretched up to sit next to Fionna. "What's his problem?" Cake asked. 

Fionna shrugged. "I dunno."

"We should follow them," Cake said. 

"That would be an invasion of their space," Fionna said as she put her hands on each side of her face. "We should do it!" Fionna jumped up. 

With that, they followed quietly behind the two. 

Marshall Lee caught up with Gumball easily. 

Gumball was sitting under a tree. He messed with some grass on the ground until he saw Marshall float up. 

Gumball looked up to an angry face belonging to Marshall Lee. 

"You don't get to be jealous," Marshall said as he landed his feet on the ground. 

"I'm not jealous," Gumball said as he looked back down at the grass and started to mess with it again. 

Marshall Lee nearly cut him off when he spoke. "You were the one to end it." He pointed his finger down at Gumball. 

"I know-"

"No you don't!" Marshall Lee said. "I went through some… stuff… after that. You're not the one who should be jealous."

Then with that Marshall walked off with his shoulders arched  instead of floated. He only did that when he was really angry.  When he forgot to keep his carefree posture. 

"Oh no," Gumball said to himself as he pushed himself up the tree to stand normally. "I really danked this up."

Fionna and Cake had watched from the bushes. 

"Oh, I feel terrible," Fionna said. "Like I did this."

"That's called being empathetic, sweety," Cake said as she stood next to her. 

"I hate it," Fionna said. "I want to stab it with my sword." She clenched her fist. 

"And?"

"Oh! And I vow to make them both feel better!" Fionna jumped up and pointed to the sky. 

Cake was quick to hush her. 

"Did someone say something?" Gumball asked as he pushed himself off the tree.