Only Hope

****Thanks a lot for all your comments and reads. This time I need about 30 reads before I update my next chapter. And things are gonna get a whole load more interesting from now on..:):)

Don't forget to comment and vote(if you like the story that is)

Also try reading "Waterfield Road" by Jemslayer.. Its an awesome story (mystery)****

ALDRIEN

For monsters these people sure did have good taste in interiors. I know I’m supposed to be scared but all I can feel is excitement. I had an absolutely peachy life before but this was something altogether new.

Plus I just discovered a new pass-time- irritating the crap out of Sapphira. Boy is it fun!

We arrived in front of a pair of huge wooden doors with squiggles carved all over it. Lord Ramon knocked on the door and couple of seconds later an old voice comes through: “Enter”. Pretty melodramatic right? Anyways the doors open by themselves and we entered the room in a file.

The room was quite spacious and one end of the room facing us was completely glassed. Nice beige sofas were placed around a coffee table in the middle of the room. My eyes darted to the ancient looking wooden desk with an equally ancient looking man sitting behind it. He actually looked a bit like Dumbledore. Except a lot older than him and that’s saying something.

Sapphira was standing next to me gaping widely like a dumbstruck teenager.

“Stop staring so obviously will you. It’s not like he’s Johnny Depp or someone!” I hissed at Sapphira.

“Johnny who?” replied Sapphira startled.

“How could anyone not know him? He’s epic!” I exclaimed.

“Looks like they’ve gotten to know each other.” wheezed Lord Karmofh.

Both of us turned our heads at the exact same moment towards the wizened man.

“You must be Prince Aldrien Arsandia.” Lord Karmofh said addressing me.

“PRINCE?” Sapphira scoffed. Well she actually beat me to it. I never signed up for any such thing!

“Ahhh… Sapphira Maulf. Second Guardian in command. And to answer your question: Yes dear he is a Prince. The rightful heir to the throne of the Neither world. And considering Princess Ismira fears that she is no longer able to perform her duties, Mr. Arsandia here is on his way to being crowned King in the near future. Any more questions dear?”

“Surely you must have told them this Casdec!” added Lord Karmofh.

Kasdec? I turned around to who Lord Karmofh was looking at. I was quite surprised to know that Lord Ramon’s first name was ‘Casdec’.

“Actually Lord we preferred that you brief them.” replied Lord Ramon.

“Excuse me for interrupting but what exactly is going on? I’m sure my parents wouldn’t part with me if this wasn’t something serious. So I’m guessing they know what I’m getting myself into. But no one including my family seems to be bothered to tell me what I’m supposed to be doing here. I am not a dog on a leash!” I said in the most polite manner I could manage.

“He’s right. I’m a Guardian and I was kept in the dark about all of this until today morning! And since I’m now involved directly in this I have the right to know what I’m getting into!” Sapphira added after me. She didn’t put much effort into controlling her temper though. At least she wasn’t staring at Lord Karmofh like some infatuated child anymore.

Lord Karmofh sighed loudly.

“You already know that the Sapphire has been stolen and the portal has been left unguarded. You see, the Sapphire has a unique power. It can hide magic and keep anyone from tracking an object through its aura. That is how the portal was protected. No one knows the location of the portal in the Neither world except Princess Ismira. The portal in the Human world that leads to the Neither world is right here in this very building. But no one knows where it opens out into in the Neither world. No one has travelled through the portal after I had last done so when the Guardians were sent to protect this end of the portal after the Battle of Arrhona  The location of the portal was then changed. Only direct messages from Princess Ismira have been passed through it.”

“The Sapphire itself produces a very faint aura even though it is full of power; so, if we had placed it on the portal in the Neither world it would have been spotted eventually. But here in the Human world the aura is almost invisible to everyone. So we placed it on this end of the portal and it had served its purpose well.” he narrated.

“Now the problem lies not in protecting the portal but in getting the Sapphire of Ismira back from Ropta. Ropta is using the Sapphira to hide himself till he gathers enough of the Darkness to strengthen himself. We have to find him and fast! Or else it will be too late and we will have to sacrifice the entire kingdom to stop him. After the Battle of Arrhona, we are very sure that Ropta will bring the humans into this war too. And he will not stop at that. He will try to expand his command over the Human world as well and we shall all be doomed.” Continued Lord Zarion.

“The people of the Neither world have to be prepared for war. If we cannot find Ropta in time, we need a backup plan. And that means going into battle. The people of the Neither world need a leader, a King. The need you Aldrien. And Sapphira has to be by your side if you are to win. This is what the prophecy states and this is what we fear will come to pass.” added Lord Ramon.

“Very soon you two will be our only hope to save both the Neitherians and the humans.” Lord Karmofh concluded solemnly.

**Things are finally beginning to heat up. So read, comment and vote(if you want to) if you want me to update faster..:):)

Thanks loads.****