The informal meeting

(Picture on the side is Rosemary)

*Heart beat* Where am I? Why is it cold? My green eyes fluttered open to see a canopy of orange and red leaves. I noticed a pain in my head. I stood up from the ground and looked down at my tattered dress. Now, I remember. Our school had a formal last night, but it had been a bloody mess. A man ran into our gym screaming. I can still see his handsome face as he led me out of the building and into the woods.

~Flash back~

“Rosemary are you sure you want this dress?”  My mother exclaimed at the sight of the teal Cinderella dress. I nodded in delight as the dress fit every curve on my very awkward body perfectly. “I love it. It’s beautiful.” She grinned and nodded as my two best friends walked out of their own stall. They weren’t going to the formal but I wanted them to try a few dresses on. My two best friends walked out in Aline gowns. Krystal in the sky blue dress and Laisha was in her red gown. They were so pretty but they didn’t want to go to the dance, sadly. “Rose that dress is perfect!” my friends yelled. I nodded in agreement and then once the dress was paid for we walked out the store to the salon for the cursed ‘eyebrow wax’. Immediately I died. The woman was not gentle at all. Maybe I should put dye in her lotion. Nahh cause then my mother would kill me. Once the evil woman was done my older brother, Dante, walked out with the hairstyling kit and began to do my hair. Then Krystal grabbed the makeup. I swear if she makes me like a clown she is so dead.

After about an hour with people poking and prodding me, I was ready. I slipped the dress on and looked in the mirror. “Rosemary Carter you are beautiful the way you are. You may be plus size but God made you this way.” I recited to the mirror. “Mom I’m ready let’s go!” We then stepped into the car and drove off to the formal. "Rose its nice to see you darlin!"  my overexcited friend Jaun yelled. I giggled at his expression. Jaun has known me since  I was born. He was three when I arrived, he was the first one to hold me and he has been my friend ever since then. When we walked into the acctual gym and he asked me to dance and of course I said yes. Our favorite song, Sam Smith ' Leave your lover'  came on and we danced until the next song came on and then his boy friend cut in. Yes, Jaun is gay, but I love him anyway. I began to wonder around until I saw Grayson pulled out a knife and his buddy Alex, a gun. I screamed as he shot one student at a time. I ran and saw the door only to be locked. Jaun had already escaped along with his boyfriend. I began to cry as a hand jerked me from the door. It was Grayson holding the knife at my throat which made me cry harder. "Shut up you stupid bitch!" I tried to not make any sound but it just came out and right before he stabbed me a man came in from the back door screaming. I do not know how Grayson was pulled off but the next thing I knew is that the man was dragging me out the door and into the woods. "Your safe now." the man exclaimed. I couldn't look up. Had this really happened? "Rosemary look at me." I slowly looked up at his face. "Why did you save me?" was the first and most stupid question I had ever asked. "I will tell you in time, but i have to go now. Rest" was the last things I heard before I passed out. Silence filled the air and I began to dream of the face of my savior.