Temporary Capitan Andy

Andy POV
We finally finished our shift and I was about to go home to my husband, when Maya asked me to go to her office for a private talk. I have to say that I was a bit surprised. We drifted a lot which I don't like, so maybe this will be a step in the good direction. While walking down to Capitan's office, I was getting more and more nervous, but also curious.
"Come in." Maya said before I had a chance to knock on the door.
"Capitan you wanted to see me."
"Yes, I did and it's Maya not Capitan Bishop who wants to speak with you." She said and we smiled.
"All right is everything OK with you Maya? I have to say that even though we drifted, I'm still worried about you and I want to help you." I said.
"That's great, because I need your help. I want to take a week or more off, so I was thinking that maybe you will take over 19 as a temporary Capitan?" She asked.
"With pleasure, but first tell me where are you going. Is it another vacations with your doctor friend?" I teased.
"Unfortunately not." She answered sadly.
"What is it then?" I asked.
"It's not important."
"Please I see that it's important to you. And you does not look good. If you want us to get back to normal you have to speak with me and tell me stuff like this."
"Well it's about my parents, they are splitting. Plus I screwed things up with Carina." She finally opened up.
"I'm sorry to hear that. I think that your mother is doing a good thing though. No offence, but your father isn't really a type of person who is easy to live with. Also no matter what you did you and Carina should be all right. You love each other right?"
"Well my father isn't saint, but so is my mother and I think she is overreacting. She said that he abused us!"
"I know that maybe you can't see it, but she is right. Maya we were talking about it million times. You weren't allowed to eat dinner every time you took second place on the race. It counts as an abuse for me. Your father hurt you, your brother and mother, so face it, support your mom or talk with someone."
"Ok I don't want to talk about my family. I just need some time off."
"Do you want to talk about something else, like Carina?"
"I cheated on her with Jack."
"Wow, I didn't expect that, but it's OK, I'm not judging you, because I was on your place too. What about we take our asses from here and go to the Joe's bar? We can talk about your stuff and my stuff if you want." I offered.
"Good idea. I can't wait to hear some stories about Mr. Chocolate Chief husband." She laughed.
"Mr. Chocolate Chief husband REALLY? You couldn't came up with a better idea?" We both were laughing now. We grabbed our belongings and drove to the bar. I also texted Robert that I'm going out with Maya and I won't be back soon. I had a great time with my friend, we laughed and cried. I even slept at her place and we ate breakfast at our favorite place in the morning. Me and Maya finally came back to being each other's friends and it felt great to have her back.

__________________________
New story! I hope you will like it. And I promise to bring some action in the next chapter.