09 - You're Really Not

Chapter 9

Pietro's Pov:

"Where's Loki?" Wanda whispers to me.

"I don't know...maybe we should go look for him" I whisper back thinking about Zola.

"Yeah I think we should."

"Okay, Mr Selvig probably won't let us both go to the washroom right?" I ask.

If I was on my own I'd just leave, I don't care about getting in trouble, but Wanda does care a bit.

"Yeah we'll need a better reason."

"Okay, није болест?" није болест is one of our old tricks we used to play on teachers to get out of class. It's not really much of a trick, it's honestly just plain weird.

"Okay," she agrees and starts pretending to whispering to me.

She then falls out of her chair and I mutter profanity in different languages.

Everyone is now staring, I pick her up and walk to the front of the classroom.

"Is she okay Pietro?" Mr Selvig asks.

"She has није болест so this happens a lot." I reply. "Just need to dunk her head in a toilet,".

He just stares. "Okay... Uh do what you need to do then..." he says. I smile and leave. H must think we're so strange.

I put her down as soon as we're out of the classroom.

"Dunking my head in a toilet?" She rolls her eyes with a smirk. I choose a different 'solution' for her condition each time.

I smirk back and we start walking down the hallway. "Let's just check every empty classroom and closets?"

"Yeah," she replies and we start searching.

We've checked multiple rooms and both bathrooms but haven't found him yet.

"He could just be sick today or something." Wanda finally says.

"Maybe, I feel like we've checked almost every where." I reply as I see one of the janitor's closets. "Let's check that one!"

We hurry to it and Wanda opens the door.

"Loki?" I ask into it before stepping in. It dark but it looks like there is a person in the corner.

"Hey Pietro." Loki coughs and Wanda gasps.

We both rush to his side. "What happened?" I ask worried. He doesn't sound good at all.

"Oh I'm fine." he says still coughing.

"You're clearly not fine. What hurts?" Wanda asks.

"Ribs, can't really breath, fine though." He coughs again.

"God Loki... Can I look at them?" I ask, I'm pretty good at identifying injuries from when we were younger.

Loki shakes his head, "I'm fine."

"We won't tell anyone if you don't want us too but we're gonna help you." Wanda says.

"We have things we don't tell anyone so we get it and won't asks questions we don't need to." I add.

"Pietro's basically like a doctor, he knows his stuff,"

"And trust us broken ribs can be really serious."

"Okay fine, just, you can't, tell anyone." he finally says as he lifts his shirt up.

I gasp. Wanda does too. His ribs are one giant bruise. They're definitely broken.

"Loki that's really bad..." Wanda says.

"You really should be seeing a doctor but I get it that you don't want to." I say.

He gives me a small smile. "So does it hurt your lungs when you breath or your ribs?" I ask.

"Ribs." he groans.

"That's good, you're lungs should be fine then." I say.

"It wasn't the bullies that did this though right?" Wanda asks.

"Not really," he groans.

"Can I just talk to Wanda for a little bit?" I ask him and he nods.

Me and Wanda walk over to beside the door.

"Pietro this is really serious," she says in Serbian.

"I know but we said we wouldn't ask questions." I reply.

"Does he need medication?" She asks.

"Yeah, are you thinking what I'm thinking?" I ask.

"Yeah, he's our friend and clearly in pain. And I don't think he'll ask too many questions."

"Okay," I reply and we walk back to Loki.