Betrayed | Part 2

Paul x infected!reader

Warnings: None

Word count: 2,320 words

(A/N) - There will be a part 3 ;) also I like to have parts right next to each other so you won't have to dig for the next one-  

~~~~

Your legs hurt as you stood for a long time, waiting for Emma to finish her shift. "Ugh, when are you done..." you whined to her. She rolled her eyes with a soft smile as she wiped the counter, "just half an hour left, (y/n)", "oh thank god." You breathed out. She chuckled as she went into the back room, most likely to get something, which caused you to decide to sit down. Paul didn't see you as he walked up to the counter. You flinched as you heard someone slam their hand on something and looked up. You were surprised to see Paul, "HELLO?!" He yelled. He looked terrified to you. "HELLO?! PLEASE GOD I JUST WANT A BLACK COFFEE-", You raised an eyebrow at his panicky behavior. His eyes soon met yours and he blushed saying "oh- H-hi (y/n).", "are you oka-", "black coffee~, I'm your coffee gal-", "NO!" He interrupted her. He looked at her and took a step back as if he was defending himself, "PLEASE, NOT YOU TOO EMMA. PLEASE GOD. STOP SINGING!" You and Emma gave an odd look to each other before she said "uh... okay," her eyebrows lifted as she realized, "right! You're the guy who doesn't like musicals. Paul, right?" He nodded his head and gulped. "Emma, you're talking to me... like a normal person." He said with a sigh of relief. "Yeah, and if my boss catches me I'll get canned. Not only do we have to sing when people tip but when they enter, when they order, all the time apparently!" She complained. "(y/n), Emma, I think there's something terribly wrong with the world today..." Emma rolled her eyes again, "yeah fuckin' tell me about it." You gave out a small chuckle, knowing that he was talking something way different than what she was. "I spent the entire morning learning some dumb ass new tip song and I'm exhausted."

Suddenly Paul gripped your hands and dragged you to the side, beckoning Emma to come with. She does and he said "I feel like there's something... sinister, infecting Hatchetfield. And I know this is gonna sound crazy, and not very scary, but it's scary if you think about the implications..." He gave you a crazed look as he placed a hand on both of your guys' shoulders. "Promise me you'll both think about the implications!", "Uh... okay-", "We promise-" He then removed his hands and moved them about as he said, "Okay, I think the world is becoming...", "A musical?" You finished. You didn't know why but you felt compelled to say that. His mouth dropped, "h-how did you-", There was a ding which made Emma groan. She then gestured to you guys to sit down on an open seat. "Okay guys, just sit down and wait for me-", "Emma~ tip...!" You sat down on the chair and Paul hid behind you as Emma practically pranced to Zoey and Nora with an annoyed look on her face. As Emma performed the tip song with them, Paul unconsciously squeezed your shoulders. You looked up and gave him a look of concern. "S-sorry..." He said, realizing what he was doing to you. He then moved his hands to the chair but you stopped him before he could. He gave you a confused look until you grabbed his arms and wrapped them around you, forcing him to hug you. You knew he didn't mind this because as soon as you let go, he squeezed you and went back to being scared of what Emma was doing with Nora and Zoey. While they were serving the drinks in the middle of the song, Emma stopped in front of you and Paul, giving you a smirk until they called for her name again. You blushed and rolled your eyes.

Emma presumed the song ended because that was where they finished teaching her, but when they continued doing some weird ass dance moves, she was surprised. "What? What is this?!" She flailed her arms around, trying to keep up with whatever the hell they were doing. The patrons kept watching her with confusion before she snapped, "Alright alright, stop stop stop!" She got their attention and walked in front of you and Paul. "What was that? A whole other a-section? God! When did you learn that- you know what? When I got this job, I signed up to serve coffee and cold shitty pastries. If I wanted to be in a musical, I'd be in a damn musical! Yeah, that's right Zoey," Their only response was just a continued stare and grin. You could tell it was making Paul uncomfortable by the way he was shifting around behind you. But for some reason, the grinning soothed you. "I was in Brigadoon in highschool and I fucking killed it! And now, I'm just trying to make ends meet by working my way through community college and I can do that, just as easily! Through Starbucks!" She was saying that as she untied her apron. "I quit!" She threw her apron on the ground as she stomped. "You can't quit Emma~" they said with a sing-songy voice. Emma raised an eyebrow as she said, "Uh, yeah, I sure as hell can.", "The song is so simple, we'll teach it to you! Why, everyone here will be singing it soon~", "what?", "They've all had their coffee... their apotheosis will be upon them at any moment." Their eyes drifted towards you. You jumped as the customers around you suddenly started coughing. You didn't feel like you were about to get attacked by them but Paul must've because he released his grip around you and gave you a frightened look as he held you by his side. "What did you do to the coffee?!" Emma yelled as she ran to the coffee pot. "Fucking gross!" You saw Paul gag at the sight of the blue shit that was dripping down Emma's fingers yet you weren't phased by it. "Get your cup of poisoned coffee! Your toxic cup of joey~, we'll make a jammin' cup of java, mocha latte with the goo for you jack, jack, jack-" They clapped along with what they were singing at the end. They stopped and pointed at the three of you as Emma went by your side. "Hey Mr. Business... How do you, how do you, how do you do~...?", "What the fuck?!", you shouted, confused as to why they were now only pointing at Paul. "Why are they all singing?!-", "Guys, we need to get out of here!" Paul shouted, grabbing your hand. "Don't look back, just run!", You grabbed onto Emma's hand to make sure she was still with you guys as you ran for your lives'. "Hey Mr. Business, and we'll bring it right up!"