Chapter Fourteen ✓

RED SKY AT MORNING ᴛʜᴇ ¹⁰⁰

RED SKY AT MORNING
ᴛʜᴇ ¹⁰⁰

FREYA SAT WITH BELLAMY, OCTAVIA, CLARKE, AROUND THE CAMPFIRE. Luna walked back in. "She's here. Maybe she changed her mind." Freya whispered. "That's likely," Octavia responded, standing up. "The boats return at nightfall, then you leave forever." She told them, walking away again. "Luna, let us explain." "I said no."

"No," Freya said, catching her arm. "You need to hear this. There is something out there that is going to destroy us all." "Whatever it is, it can't reach us here." Luna walked away, leaving them alone.

-

Freya walked past Jasper as he was talking to a girl.

A grin formed on her face, and she folded her arms while walking over to her. "Hey, Jas. Who was that?"

Jasper looked at her with a small smile. "No one."

"Mhmmm."

"Jasper's actually smiling for once." She poked him in the arm. "Freya, let it go. What's going on anyway? We can't just leave." "It's not like we have much of a choice." Octavia replied while Freya shook her head.

"This is the only way." Clarke said. "What?" Octavia asked, furrowing her eyebrows. "Are you talking about?" "I'm talking about putting this into her head without asking." "No way, Clarke! That's crazy. This isn't like Emerson, he was trying to kill us." Freya said.

"Freya's right. We can't." Octavia said. "Clarke, we don't have to do this. We can fight, we can go back to Arkadia. We can army up." Bellamy said. "Fight who? It's an army of our own people. I don't like this anymore than you do, but if Raven is right and the code is on this thing that can stop ALLIE... give me a better idea."

"We'll stay here. It's the only way they'll leave you alone with her." "Even ALLIE gives people a choice."

"You told me that three days ago she shoved a chip into my mom's mouth."

"We gave Luna a choice, and she said no. But this is life and death, and sometimes we have to make sacrifices. Maybe we need to get our hands a little messy sometimes."

-

They were all preparing to leave, and Freya stood next to Bellamy. "Where's Jasper?" She asked, looking around the group. "Saying goodbye to his new friend."

"You get your weapons once you land," Luna told them, walking over to Freya. "Luna," she nodded.

"Thank you for letting us into your home." "Freya, are you ready?" Bellamy asked. Freya nodded.

"Yeah, I'm ready." She walked over to him. "The flame." Luna handed it back to Clarke. It slipped out of Clarke's hand, and they shoved it into a pair of container, locking it. "They took the flame. They're locking us in." Octavia yelled, as she and Octavia slammed on the door. "What the fuck!"

"Luna's people are attacking her. ALLIES here." Bellamy said. "How did that bitch even find this place?" Freya asked. "Remember that drone at Niylahs? She must have followed us looking for the flame and now she has it." Bellamy looked over to Clarke. "She's gonna put the A.i in Luna," Freya said, eyes widening.

"She'd have to chip her first. If Luna is chipped before she gets the Ai in, ALLIE will know everything. We'll never be able to stop her. We can't let that happen," Clarke told everyone. "Hey!" Freya yelled on the metal.

She slammed her hands roughly against the surface, but it wouldn't budge or bother to open. Great, just great.

-

When they had finally escaped the container, Freya walked down on level four. "Machine room. Level b."

"Let's go."

"Wait, Clarke. We can't just leave her here." Freya said.

-

They all stood in the corner at a funeral ceremony. 

"Anyone of them could be chipped and we'd never know," Freya said, folding her arms. "If they are, they'll make their move before we put the flame in Luna. Stay sharp."

Luna stood in front of them with a smile. "The ceremony is about to begin." "Luna, Wait. I'm so sorry. But now you see what we're facing, an enemy that will do anything to win. She won't stop until she has everyone." Clarke told her. "People I loved died today. Needlessly at my hand. I can't let that happen again."

Luna moved away, while someone handed them a drink. "As we prepare to give our brother and sister's to the see, we honour their lives."

Freya smelled the drink before drinking, realizing that it was the same thing they laced at the shore. Everyone took a drink while Freya held the cup in her hand. "If we're gonna do this, we have to hurry. ALLIE will send reinforcements. And we have to find someplace private to perform the Ascension." Clarke said. "You believe that do defeat any army that will stop at nothing, you must stop at nothing. How is that different than blood must have blood?"

"Wait a second. Luna, you can't just..." Octavia started to say, before she dropped to the ground.

Then Jasper, Clarke, and Bellamy. Luna looked at Freya, who was the only one not to take the drink.

"I'm sorry for your losses, but I hope you decide and choose what's best." "Bottoms up." Freya took a swig, feeling all sorts of weird. The next thing she knew she was on the ground again, and her eyes closed.