ELYSIAN ♨ 01

『chapter one

"Jaehwan... You know that I can easily give you a spot in my company, right?" His friend, Lee Daehwi, tries to convince him but he shook his head.

They're both in a small café in Seoul and Daehwi met up with him with this particular reason. Today is Sunday, time check is 4:17 in the afternoon and Jaehwan decided to agree with Hwi's hang out since he doesn't have anything to do at his apartment that Daehwi gifted to him. He's alone for the moment.

"You know perfectly that I couldn't say yes to your offer, Hwi. I know you have a good intention in instantly giving me a spot in your company but I want to have a job that I could proudly say that I did it with my own perseverance. So sorry, Hwi. But I'll say no again." Jaehwan tells his friend who sighed.

Daehwi only smiled to him. "Okay but lemme ask you. Have you found some companies that will give you a chance?"

Jae sighs before shaking his head from side to side. "For this month, ten companies declined my resume just because I didn't have the experience in my field. Well, I don't give a damn and I try my best to find a job no matter how much the salary is, I'll accept it. What matters to me is to raise my family."

Daehwi unconsciously chuckles and this made Jaehwan to look at him with a 'what' look on his face.

"Its nothing, Jae. I think I'm just lucky and proud to have you as my best friend. I mean it this time, Do Jaehwan."

Jae rolls his eyes. "Like you don't mean it every single time. Did you know that I perfectly memorized that line for how many years? Wait, allow me to count it out for you, Daehwi ssi." He held his fingers up and acted like his computing the years. He shows Daehwi his index finger while on the other hand are four fingers. "Fourteen damn years, Lee Daehwi ssi. For fourteen damn years, I need to stuck up with your effing cheesiness."

Daehwi laughs. "Now, I know how much you love me!"

"Ain't not! I only love three people besides my parents and you're not included in those three people."

"Oh ghad! What have you done, Jaehwan ah!? You just stabbed me with a knife full of your fake lies! Me, your best friend! That hurts me a lot." Daehwi acts dramatically with both hands on his chest, as if there's a knife embedded on to it.

Jaehwan smirks and it shows full of mischief. The latter is helding up the bread knife in his own platter that he used earlier. "You know this? This is a knife. I'll literally stab it to you if you shut your trap there, Hwi."

"Okay, Mr. Bloodshot. I surrender." Suddenly Daehwi's phone alarmed and it shows the words 'MEETING WITH INVESTORS'. Jaehwan's best friend groaned loudly and childishly stomps his feet under their table.

"Wae????? I'm finally having my break time with Jaehwanie." He pouts and Jae snorts.

"You should go and meet your investors, Hwi. It's nearly time that I should head back to the penthouse and they will be back after spending time with eomma and appa. You perfectly remembered what happened last time when I left you alone with them, right?"

Daehwi shudders in fear as he visual back what happened went this guy in front of him left him alone in the penthouse. "Stop reminding me about that painful memory. Their harassment to me still lingers to my skin."

"Those two are basically demons in disguised!" Daehwi added.

"That was your fault in the first place why you said yes to them." Jaehwan declared.

The sound of the café's bell that was hung in the door chimes and Jaehwan sees his best friend's secretary.

"You're secretary is here." He announces to Hwi as he points the approaching gal with is eyes. Daehwi looked at the back and sighed loudly.