ELYSIAN ♨ 02

『chapter two』

The next morning, Jaehwan hopped out of the taxi that he hailed outside of the penthouse earlier. His kids are currently attending their classes and he still have time until lunch time to fetch those two kiddies up or he'll ask a favor from his friends to get them for him.

He let out a nervous sigh as he looked to the employees going in and out of the company of Hwi's friend. Well, one of Daehwi's investors. Come on, Jaehwan! You can do this. This is for Haneul and Khairro, right? He thought.

Jaehwan researched everything about the company last night. Coincidentally, it was owned by one of his old pal's sister. He was shocked and called Daehwi if he knows about it and it also shocked his best friend since they both didn't know that their old pal has a sister.

He sighed in relief last night that the company is looking for people who has full potential and doesn't require about the skills he lacked. Jaehwan know that he can adapt but he's really nervous with the whole interview. Exhaling for the one last time, he headed inside the company and went to the information desk.

The moment he asked the two women who are in charge there, they're smiling ear to ear at him and he doesn't know if he should be glad that they are friendly or making fun of him in their minds.

"The interview is at the eight floor. Have a nice day and good luck! We're rooting for you!" One of the staffs said and he smiled in gratitude before going in the elevator and pressed the button with number 8.

Right now, he's crossing his fingers and hoping that the destiny will give him this chance.

Jaehwan steps out of the elevator and saw other people who are hoping to be accepted and grab the job. Sitting in the vacant chair next to a raven haired gal. His mind is slowly getting corrupted with negative thoughts. 'Till someone patted his shoulder.

"Hey, you okay? You're quite stiff and tense." A soft voice asked him and he turned his head to his left side and it was the girl he's sitting next to. Smiling with full of worry and concern in her eyes.

"Is this your first time?" Jaehwan shook his head. "You? Is this your first time?" He asked back.

"Hmm... Not really. I lost count but doesn't matter." She held her hand to him. "The name's Lalisa Manoban. You can call me Lisa."

The gent accepted her hand and returned her gaze. "Do Jaehwan."

Lisa smiled brightly. "Nice to meet you, Hwanie Oppa! Wait... Are you older than me or..." She trails off before they both let go of one another's hand.

Jae chuckles before answering, "I'm 1997."

Lisa gaped. "Daebak! Your face doesn't give me that vibe."

"Hehehe... Is that a good thing or bad?"

"Its absolutely freaking good! Damn, I couldn't wait to have you as a workmate here! You better rock the whole interview, Oppa." Lisa encourages him and he smiled at the young girl's actions.

"Can't promise but I didn't say I won't give it a try." He answered back.

"Now, that's the spirit!"

The two job hunters are talking happily like they're a pair of friends who haven't seen each other after so many years and are catching up with their lives. For some reason, they forgot the tension and nervous they felt while waiting for their turn.