🐱 3 🐱

MYG

"So this is where you lived."

They paused for a bit as he tried to look up the enormous house in front of them.

It had a modern look but still with a tiny bit of a classic beauty. Black, gray, and white painted the exterior and it definitely felt that a lot of effort was put into building the house. A mini garden graced the side of the house and he could picture the edge of what seemed like a swimming pool near the back.

Jennie held his arm and looked at him with a crooked smile. "Yeah. My parents are already inside, waiting for us. Let's go?"

They started to walk but before they even set foot on the stairs that led to the main door, his nerves got the best of him and he pulled his girlfriend's arm to stop her.

She looked at him with confusion as to why he suddenly stopped and he could only give her a nervous smile.

"I'm not really sure if this is a good idea Jen. What if they don't like me because I'm just, well because I'm just like this." He gestured to himself and he sighed.

" I don't really want the drama and all you know." He bowed his head shyly feeling suddenly insecure. He hated this. He hated feeling like this. The clear difference of their lives finally sinking in on him and it made him feel like he doesn't deserve Jennie. Which sucks so much because he never expected these things to unravel before him after being in a relationship with her for so long now.

Sucks to be poor.

Small warm hands held both sides of his face lifting it and he made eye contact with the most beautiful eyes he's ever seen. Bonus that she's smiling at him with his favorite one.

"Hey, hey, look at me. You're not like this. This is definitely not the guy I fell in love with. Where did you take him, huh? Give him back." She playfully scolded him with a frown and it made him crack a smile.

"Oh there he is." She smiled at him and held his hands.

"Listen to me babe. You have nothing to worry about. I loved you because you are you and I don't have any plans on changing what I feel. My parents aren't the ones you think they are, err.. I mean, they can be kinda weird at times but, yeah, you get me. Stop overthinking and just be yourself okay? And besides, if ever what you're thinking happens, nothing they say will make me leave you. We're in this shit together you hear me? I just want you to do the same. Stay, whatever happens, just stay with me."

They held each others' gaze for a minute before he heaved out a long sigh to release some nerves.

"Since when did you become a sweet talker, huh?" He kissed the tip of her nose that made her giggle.

"Since YOU happened." She winked at him and he lightly laughed at her cheesiness.

"Okay, but, I think I should have brought extra clothes just in case your mother throws some water at my face, don't you think?." He kidded before lacing his fingers with hers.

"That's ridiculous!" She laughed as they entered the house.

Boy did he regret not really bringing clothes.

Because the moment he stepped foot inside the mansion-like house and saw a woman standing just in front of them dressed in an elegant dress, her face having no trace of amusement in them, he clearly didn't notice she was holding a glass of water.

Jennie turned to the same woman and smiled. "Mom! This is my-"

Before she could even finish talking, the woman's hand flew up and splashed cold water on him that drenched his top. Jennie shrieked in surprise and he could only looked down on his soaked shirt and jacket. He expected this but he still got surprised.