Chapter seventy one

Y/n's P.O.V

I always heard stories about people being kidnapped and I could never imagine what it might be like, even when I heard about some of them developing Stockholm syndrome for their captors I could just never understand how you could love the person who ripped your life away from you. Who took your days and nights away from you, to leave you in an old dirty basement to rot away like a piece of dirt.

I always wondered how long it would take for someone to go insane staying in the same room for days upon days and I think I finally hit that point.

"Miss me" my best friend said with her signature smile on her face.

"Where did you go" I sounded needy but I didn't care because I know this isn't really Blake I'm just still holding onto her and if this is the last time I'll speak to her then I will.

"Don't worry I'm here now" she sat down on the dirty ground beside me and let me put my head on her shoulder "has she came down yet" she asked about Ariana.

"No, I don't really know how long It's been since she was down here" I said with my eyes fixated on the piece of paper and pen she left for me to write.

"What's that for" Blake said when she noticed what I was looking at.

"She wants me to write, I can't bring myself to do it". I felt a lump in my throat remembering the night I read poem I wrote to Ariana when we went to the play. "Why did she have to do this" I started to cry into Blake's shoulder.

"I really don't know Y/n, I'm so sorry" she apologised.

"You shouldn't be sorry Blake, you've been nothing but a good friend to me and look where you ended up" I sobbed "why do the people I care about always leave my life" I held onto her. It was weird how real she felt.

"I wish I could've done more Y/n" she rubbed my head "at least I'm here for now" that was the last thing I heard Blake said before I drifted asleep.

I woke up to the sound of chains rattling, I moved back abruptly when I seen how close Ariana was to me, she also shot back putting her hands up in defence.

"I was just loosing it up" she was out of breath, I must've scared her with how quick I woke up.

I scooted my body closer to the wall more as if I could just sink into the wall. I stared at my past lover, she looked different her eyes looked tired, her hair didn't look as soft as I did when I first met her.

"How are you doing" she asked genuinely. I haven't spoken to her since I first got forced down here and maybe that's why I've been seeing Blake, I'd prefer to talk to someone who's not really here than her.

"Please Y/n/n talk to me" she took a small step closer to me that was when Blake came into view she was a couple of feet behind Ariana almost at the very end of the basement.

"Don't call me that" she only found out that nickname because of Blake.

"You were always one to hold a grudge" Blake said jokingly and due to Ariana not being shocked by her presence, I knew she couldn't hear her.

"We haven't spoken in a while" Ariana sat down in front of me.

"She wants to get things back to the way they were Y/n/n" I looked at Blake and that made Ariana turn around to see nothing. "But the question is are you willing to sleep next to a killer, I mean how do we even know that I was her first, I showed you her file Y/n you knew she was dangerous and yet you still stayed with her".

I grabbed my head "stop it".

"Stop what" Ariana asked.

"I tried to save you from this Y/n, I told you everything that was fucked with her and you continued to stay with her, you're the reason I'm dead".

"Please" I clenched my fingers around my head.

"You're gonna be the reason she kills you".

I felt two arms wrap around me and Blake stopped torturing me with her words.

"There's only one way you're gonna get out of this" Was the final thing she said.

"It's okay, it's okay" she held me tighter, when I opened my eyes Blake was no longer there. " I'm going to take care of you baby" she kissed my head "everything's going to be alright, I promise".

I believe it has been a while and I apologise for any mistakes I've made in this chapter. I promise I'm ending this book real soon.
Also thank you for reading this chapter:)