⋆𝓌𝒶𝓈𝓉𝑒 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒⋆

Y/N walked up to school, the sound of chatter and shouts from boys who were kicking a football about giving her that feeling that she got every morning. A feeling she couldn't really describe, but she supposed it was a feeling of familiarity. Even if everything else was crazy, she still heard the same sounds at 8am on Monday-Friday mornings. 

She had told herself not long ago that she should start eating healthier, and she did- kind of. The piece of fruit she ate every morning was super healthy. Though the bag of strawberry laces she ate soon after wasn't. Never mind- when she would turn 18 she'd eat healthier, for sure, but she was blessed with metabolism for another couple of years at least. 

After narrowly missing being hit in the head with a ball, she decided she'd go inside and find Jacob- who she had assumed would already be there since he'd avoided the trip to the shop she'd offered him. To her surprise, Jacob popped up behind her- she jumped.

After realising who was there, she turned and nudged him playfully, expecting him to be laughing at how he scared her. He'd normally do that. Not today though, only a slight smile was there. And the same joyful look wasn't in his eyes, they were blank. Y/N squinted at him.

"Everything alright?" Y/N asked him, he nodded in response, coughing. He moved his shoulders around a bit and he was back to his normal smiling self.

"Hm? Yeah, of course." Jacob told her and he smiled, "Got to dash, I've got that quiz first period." He grinned at her before picking up the pace of his steps and disappearing inside the school building, blending in with the crowd. Y/N stopped herself from questioning it further and shrugged herself, before heading into school. 

༄༄༄༄༄

"Be careful with taking that out, don't want to make a mess." The science teacher told them all. Y/N made eye contact with Jacob from across the table, they were both thinking the same thing. Their sense of humour was very much similar. 

"That's what she said." Jacob snickered which made the rest of the table laugh, Jacob grinned to himself, seeming kind of happy that he managed to make them all laugh. Y/N looked at the smile on his face and noticed his little dimples as he smiled, and the plumpness of his lips and-

"Something funny over there?" The teacher called over, trying his best to act superior, which was hard for him. He wasn't exactly the most tall or the most threatening man in the world. The table looked at the man and shook their heads, covering their mouths but they were still laughing with their eyes, "Yeah, that's what I thought."

An alarm started blaring across the classroom. Y/N only heard that alarm during drills where they could learn what to do if there was ever a lockdown. And she was fairly certain that this wasn't a drill, it was a real lockdown. 

"Alright, everyone against the wall, come on- let's go." The teacher ordered and clapped his hands, trying his best to look strong but Y/N recognised a look of nervousness in his eyes. The whole class rushed to the other end of the classroom and sat up against the wall as the teacher switched the lights off. Y/N squeezed herself up next to Jake- feeling that he was the only one he truly felt safe by. Y/N felt beads of sweat building up on her forehead and her chest feeling tighter and tighter. 'Oh for the love of God,' Y/N thought to herself and she balled her fists, her hands becoming clammy, 'This is not a time for a panic attack...'

Jacob took out his phone and was clearly a little shaken up himself, since he hadn't looked at Y/N yet, he hadn't seen her face getting paler by the second. He took his phone and pressed a few buttons before putting it up against his ear, waiting a few seconds before.

"Dad?" Jacob spoke into the phone, "Yeah the school's on lockdown- do you know anything?" He looked over at the door nervously, "But what if there's some kind of psycho shooter or-" Jacob continued before looking at Y/N, registering that she was having one of her panic attacks, freezing up for a moment before putting an arm around her and pulling him close to him, "Yeah, no, I-" Jacob sighed heavily as he looked at Y/N with worry, "I'm just worried about Y/N, she seems a little scared.." Jacob smiled at her softly, a playful look in his eye that made Y/N feel a little better, "Oh and Dad? I uhm.." He continued, thinking for a moment before shrugging it off, "Nothing. Love you too."

Jacob hung up and put his phone back into his pocket and using his newly freed arm to wrap around Y/N. "Dad said there's no psycho shooter, we're safe." Jacob reassured her and she smiled softly at him, calming down as she put her head on his shoulder, the smell of his cologne comforting her just as much as his words did, "It's okay, I've got you."

༄༄༄༄༄

Jacob and Y/N walked home together, to Jacob's house. They never went to Y/N's house, in fact, Y/N never even went to Y/N's house. She more or less lived with Jacob and she didn't mind it at all, neither did his parents. They were more than happy to accommodate her after what her mom had become.

Y/N glanced down at Jacob's hand, which was swinging dangerously close to her hers. She considered taking it, she was still feeling pretty shaken up after the lockdown today. But she registered a feeling, deep inside of her that things were only going to get worse from that point. She sighed and shrugged the feeling off, reaching into her pocket to check her phone. Y/N tried to hide the feeling of disappointment inside of her as she saw that Ben still hadn't replied to her messages. She scrolled through the few texts.

Y/N: Wow, that lockdown was scary. You okay? xx

Y/N: Are we going to hang out later? You can just tell me when and where to meet you xx

Y/N: Wow that sounded pretty desperate, sorry lol xx

Y/N: Helloooo, you aliveee? Lmao xx

Jacob did what she was too scared to do, he took her hand as they walked the last few steps before getting onto Jacob's driveway. "So, want to watch tv? We could probably get away with watching an R-rated movie, my parents won't be back for a little while."

Y/N nodded and smiled at him as he unlocked his front door, walking inside with her.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Please vote and comment!