A Little Nudge

"WAAAHH!!"

 Alya and Nino gasped, turning towards the window. They could see nothing through the storm, but they heard it.

"There's something outside." Alya whispered.

"Definitely something outside." Nino agreed. They hopped into an elevator they'd fashioned themselves, and quickly wound the cord upstairs.

"Marinette." Alya whispered to her sister, who was moping at the window.

"There's something outside." Nino hissed.

Marinette jumped, hearing the noise. "That's a yowl." She gasped. She had a huge heart, and couldn't bear to see others in pain or suffering. She quickly herded the twins into the elevator, and they lowered it outside.

"Shh!" Marinette grabbed the leer, suddenly stopping the ride. The shadows of their parents were visible through the window. "They're still awake."

They snuck carefully past their parents, and hurried through the storm.

"What a mystery this is." Marinette mused, feeling a growing excitement. "it's almost like we're in a book."

"Bad book." Alya whimpered.

"Scary book." Nino agreed.

"Are you guys scared, cause I'm really scared!" Marinette didn't look scared. she looked excited. "What kind of thing yowls like that , do you think? Remember those pictures of beasts and villains with teeth and half-eaten kids."

"No!" Alya hissed.

"Stop talking!" her brother followed up.

"That was a lot of blood, wasn't it, twins?"

"Ooh."

"Blood is bad."

"I'm just gonna have a quick look to see if it's dangerous."

"What's this feeling I'm feeling?"

"Fear. Definitely fear."

"If it is, run. Zig-zaggy and stuff, so it can only eat one of you."

Marinette approached the gate, closing her umbrella. She heard the twins behind her. "Zig! Zag! Zig! Zag!"

"Stand back twins." She hissed, unaware that they had a;ready taken off. Using her umbrella, she yanked in a box sitting outside the gate.

"Hello. I'm Marinette." She giggled nervously. "I hope you're nice, because...we're nice. Please don't hurt us...AAAHHH!"

 Adrien shot awake in the coal bin. He sighed, muttering when the events of last night came back to him. He glanced at the book in his lap. He hid it here in the coal bin, so he'd have something to look at while being down here. It was an album, showing pictures of Willoughby's past. They were soldiers and scientists, kings and philosophers. Explorers and aviators, authors and poets! They climbed the unclimable, and they always ate together. At tables. Like a family.

"We could be great again." Adrien mused, yanking the fire place open. After checking to make sure the  fire wouldn't start back up, he climbed through the chimney, and into the vent system. He popped out in the main hallway, where he heard familiar sounds.

"Ugh!" He groaned quietly. "Parents are already up!? Despicable."

"I knit, you provide. It's simple." Audrey berated her husband. Glancing over, she noticed a Willoughby portrait right in front of the door way. "Was that always-?"

"Hm?"

"Oh!" She turned back to Andre. "You want mother to have yarn, don't you? You must. You like the sweaters."