[wherever the wind blows. / s. changbin.]

a whoosh of the wind. a knock on the window. forty-nine minutes before midnight and a quiet night was interrupted.

but it's fine. hours and hours of tossing and turning in your bed, impatiently counting the ticks and tocks of the clock in your room finally led you to tonight, with bright golden shimmers dispersing along the wind you could clearly see outside from your own room.

he's here.

it wasn't something new. as the stars shine brighter and the night turns deeper, each and every night, he'd be here—just like how he promised.

and gosh, you couldn't figure out how the moonlight illuminated so incandescently yet his bright smile and gleaming eyes outshone every ray.

was it magic? probably. but whatever it was, it's for you. for you to see and witness each and every time the hands on the clock pointed to the number 11, and no matter how bright, you wouldn't look away.

the endearing look on his face, the sweet melody of his voice, you'd never get tired of it. you'd never get exhausted of watching his face lighting up in amusement while learning new things from you, of intently listening to the rapid words spilling out of his mouth when he's rather excited. if anything, it's your deep exhale of relief and rest, so much like the comfort of your own bed—or maybe even better.

oh, and the flying. soaring through the dark skies under the bright stars was always an experience you never thought you'd be able to grasp. but the wind harshly blowing on your face and the cold brushing against your skin always remind you that it's all real.

he's real.

"where should we head off tonight?" he smiled, gingerly stroking your cheeks before letting his fingers linger on your jaw. the golden shimmers seemed to have twinkled brighter as you lock your gaze with his, and it all felt magical. because it is magical.

years ago, you thought you were going crazy. a glowing, glitter-emitting figure that resembled the human physique so much can only be found in the fairy tales your parents told you. but this wasn't any fantasy story in the books, this was real—you were engulfed with the light from the body of a majestic flying man.

he's like peter pan, except he's seo changbin.

"actually," you nibbled your bottom lip, looking down on your feet shyly. "can we stay here tonight?"

changbin's ears perked up and glitters flew off of his body. his excitement was felt from the way he quickly scooped you up from your feet to carry you to your bed. he spun a couple times in the air, trails of gold creating a spiral as he flew around in joy he didn't even bother to contain before he finally found his way beside you, settling his cheeks on your collarbone and his arms around your stomach.

"are you tired?" changbin asked, peering up to see your face. your hand gently stroked his back, fingers running up and down his spine. he released a deep sigh, nuzzling closer to your body.

"yes," you held changbin closer, leaning down to plant a kiss on his forehead. "but i feel better now that you're here."

he nodded, too carried away with the warmth seeping through your shirt and into his own flesh. your chest heaved lightly with every breath you took, and changbin wrote mindless doodles on your stomach as he basked in all the love that filled the air.

"you know that i love you, right?" he whispered. "i'd take you to the moon if i could."

you could only hum, resting your chin on the top of his head. "i love you too, binnie."

the skies can wait for tomorrow. for now, having changbin in your arms was enough.

you already felt like you flew to the moon.