[the idea of it. / s. changbin.]

changbin didn't really know what he would call it. a blessing? a curse? he had no idea.

"if you could describe the way i look to someone else, how would you?"

it's a question he'd always ask everybody. and each time, he'd get a different answer. it was fascinating, he believed. knowing the 'ideal type' of all the people he would encounter.

"you have plump lips, catty eyes, and just under your left one you have this cute little mole!"

and changbin spent most of his days asking around, curious of how everyone else saw him. you see, he actually looked different to every person; his appearance would depend on one's idea of beauty.

"i love your freckles. you have such a small heart-shaped face! it's so cute. a little pouty mouth too."

it was a great power, you would think. everyone would like him because he was their ideal person. but after years and years, changbin had thought otherwise. having heard dozens upon dozens of everybody else's type, he had come to the realization that he really was never anyone's ideal type.

"your dimples are adorable!"

changbin didn't have dimples.

ultimately, he just gave up. no one else had really seen him, the real him. just him.

not until he met you.

with a shaky breath, he opened his mouth to speak. it was almost emotionless, having to ask the same question over and over again like a routine for the past years. "if you could describe the way i look to someone else, how would you?"

you offered him a smile. "oh, well, where do i start?"

as quickly as you can, so this gets done and over with. he laughed inwardly, sounding so bitter in his head.

"like literally? uhm..." you scratched the nape of your neck, gaze focusing on your worn-out chucks. "you have black hair, parted in the middle. long face, sharp chin, dark eyes."

changbin felt like he would burst into tears.

"but honestly, i'd describe you as the most beautiful man to ever walk this earth, because you are and everybody needs to know that. so that is what i would tell them."

he was your idea of beauty.