02. Alley Dates & Cupid Hate.

• • • • •

black magic.
act one, always something.
chapter two, alley dates & cupid hate.

• • • • •

•       •       •       •       •

ALITA BYRNESaugust 1993

ALITA BYRNES
august 1993

"I'VE TOLD YOU BEFORE,  and I'll tell you again, you cannot pour your excess butterbeer ice cream into the peace lilies!"

Alita stared furiously at the small group of pre-teens, who, upon having been caught for what seemed like the millionth time dumping their melted sweets into the potted plants at the storefront, scattered like mice and high-tailed it up the Alley before Alita could get a good look at them.

"And don't come back until you learn where the bloody trash bins are!"

With a small, frustrated sigh, she glanced back to the watch face wrapped around her wrist. 1:02. The Byrnes girl gave a small roll of her eyes before rising onto her tiptoes for a better look at the alley outside from where she was stood just inside the shop's entryway.

Diagon Alley's Magical Menagerie had been Alita's home for the recent six weeks, as her mother had grown tired of her daughter's lazy lounging about the house, and had promptly reconnected Alita with her previous summer job. All in all, the job wasn't too taxing, and besides the occasional careless twelve-year-old dumping their treats into the shop's merchandise, and the activities of the insane orange shop cat, the past few weeks had been rather low stress by Alita's standards.

However, because the job was so low stress, Alita had made the decision to invite her friends to swing by the shop if any of the girls happened to be in the area, and while she'd received two yes's from four of her friends to meet at half past noon, she had yet to catch a glimpse of a singular familiar face. Now, she was starting to realize the decision had been a rather stupid one, with the smallest regret that she'd managed to make friends with the least time manageable human beings on the planet.