"Love"

this is not an imagination.....

you know the idea of a love story is something that's been around for a really long time, ever since the storytelling i've guess we invented this tales that people would fall in or fight for or really just do anything for this sake of egnimatic idea of love.

from your cassablancas to... whatever neflix putting out this week, almost every love story has a kind of love element. But from all the movies i've ever seen there's always been one that stuck with me as 'A Love story that everybody should experience... I might even say.

It's The only Love story you ever really need to see.

and that is the 2009 masterpiece 500 days of summer, the movie is follow of tom who like many of us grew up maybe not the best looking certainly not the most adapt with flirting or dating.

and so would find himself living vicariously throught these aforemention love story, now summer is a grown up with some distaste the idea of love or romance in general.

If this was any other movie these two would fall in love and fight about something and break up end up find each other again and live happily ever after knowing they found "The One"

this is why i feel 500 days of summer is such a great movie because it's takes us on the journey, because it's show us what other movies and book got wrong.

The Idea of "The one" of finding one is I guess is inhearianly a pretty selfish way of thinking, it puts a really unfair amount of pressure on the other person to fill whatever emotional shoes you made for them without much to say on their part.

In the movie tom just decide that summer is the one for him, they like the same music they like similar movies everything seem perfect, But as tom little sister states so well...

"Just 'cause some cute girl have the same bizzare crap you do that doesn't make her yours only tom."

But this Idea that summer is the one and they like meant to be together or whatever that follow tom through a whole movie and it's really the whole reason for the emotional up and down.

at the very beginning of their relantionship summer clearly said she's not looking for anything serious,

"hey umm... I just wanna tell you that I'm not looking for anything serious, is that okay?"

"yeah...."

but tom you see has already decide it that he and summer is meant to be and so he transfer this burden wheather she like it or not, so when summer doesn't held the end of the bargon which she never make in the first place tom feel betrayed.

this feeling of betrayal that tom feel to summer last to the end of the movie where he feel like summer did something wrong and many of us watching the movie might feel the same way.

they we're so good together they like the same music they have a great time in IKEA or something at the very end of the movies when summer explaining why she married other guy when she tell tom that she doesn't looking for anything serious, tom and many of us feel like it doesn't make sense or it's somehow unfair.

"you never want to be anybody girlfriend and now you somebody's wife I don't think I ever understand... I mean it doesn't make sense."

"It's just happen..."

"that's what I don't understand, what happen?"

"I just woke up one day and knew...."

"knew what?"

"what I was I never sure of with you..."

and that feeling all of us have watching this movie is I think is the whole point, The love story in 500 days of summer isn't about tom and summer it's more to do with us and all the love stories that began and ended in our own live all the people we thought was the one for us that got away somehow and it's not fair what they did to us but you know if you think about it chances are

we might the one who not being fair in the relationship, we might have put too much pressure on them to conform to whatever our expectation are or whatever we want to put the label on the relationship instead of what we really was.

Not that you shouldn't have expectation but 500 days of summer is a reminder and it isn't really the other person respondsibility to meet whatever expectation we may have or may not have, they either do or they don't.

and I guess that the kind of the question that this movie present to us, Was tom in love with summer or he just in love with his idea of summer.

if we love tom are more in love with our idea of someone... we really can't blame anyone but ourself if they don't meet any expectation we have.

you know my favorite thing about the movie is just show how just unventfull and just kind of how real relationship,not like a lack of any drama like tv show or movies and stuff, like there's a love triangle and have some big crazy fight you know.....

in this movie is not like there's "big fight" or the other guy really.

the relationship just doesn't work out so my favorite thing is that, it show that like you met each other you fall in love a little bit you dated things are good and it just doesn't work out.

and in the movie tom kinda try to think about what happen? what did I do wrong? and what did she do wrong?

in real life it's not wonderful scripted drama where everything got wrap up in the end or anything like that you know, it's just like you know it doesn't work out sometimes and that just something you have to terms with.

-Alex meyers

Notes
I work on the family trip it be soon out next stories so stay tune. :)